Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Very good point, Mondi.  Can restoration techniques adapt to the new materials and technologies used?  You'd hope so.  A lot of people say that given the reliance on electrics and computers in modern cars, once these things shit themselves, and spare parts become obsolete, the cars will be unrepairable.  I wonder if this is an accurate assessment, or whether repair techniques/the aftermarket will satisfy any needs that arise.

But in 20 years will there be a market of people who still deal with computers and electronics from cars when such devices are now (in 2030) biometric and everything is controlled by nanobots?

One thing that does amaze me is the fact that there are guys out there that are changing with the materials used and can do some mind blowing things to fix "stuff".  As they say "where there is a will, there is a way". I have learned a lot playing with my modernish exotic.

I can't comment on Lambo or Ferrari electrics but some of the computers and control boxes I have worked on in the automotive world have been unrepairable due to the fact that they are full of resin so you can't get into them. So once they are dead that's it.