Offline sinkman

Even with values as they currently are, I think that was the correct choice to make.
I remember Mustangs in period…………………….. they were shit too, same as our local hero cars the GTHO and Monaro. In comparison to the best from Europe they were so far behind that they were in a different Universe. I recall being taken for a passenger ride in a Mustang in my early teenage years, so would have been in the mid 1970's probably. I had already had a couple of passenger rides in various Ferraris owned by friends and/or business contacts of my father, so I had some exposure to the best of the era. I can still remember thinking what a POS the thing was. It sounded great and went moderately quick in a straight line; but show it a corner or anything that required brake retardation and the show went spastic pretty quickly :p

So Mondi, I reckon you were better off having 40 Mustangs that were somewhat shitty; but were in demand and sold rather than one of these things that were decidedly shitty AND expensive and unpopular i.e. Saleproof :p

Very similar experiences...
In mid-95 a friend took me for a drive in his Phase III. Lots of noise and anger, powerful in a straight line but BARELY went around a corner. POS +1. Scared the bejesus out of me!

I went to Sydney in 2003 to potentially buy a white RHD Mangusta. Sat in the car, my forehead hit the windscreen...Looks great, piece of automotive art = yes. Driveable = barely. POS = YES! You need to be slim build and under 175cm. Yes they are escalating in value but if you want a classic to ACTUALLY drive and go AROUND corners and be comfortable, buy a 550 or a Murcie. IMHO.