Offline Mitch@IR

I'd love to take the money from all the detailers who've contacted me since Mario started up on AE and they've seen the results of that, but I don't want clients to be cannibilised in their market or start up pissing matches.

I think you mentioned you're moving to Perth?  Once that happens it'll be more acceptable as there's no competition on regional market, but for now I'm giving Mario Melbourne and Sydney.

Understood, though this was not pointed out earlier to me you had advised me you were busy at the moment which is understandable.

Plus no point in Mario being scared of a little competition, competition is great for consumers :)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Understood, though this was not pointed out earlier to me you had advised me you were busy at the moment which is understandable.

"Busy" in that I'm waiting for a chance to be able to put together proper advertising options for people on AE, I have the ideas, and now that I'm semi-retired, I'll finally have some time.

Plus no point in Mario being scared of a little competition, competition is great for consumers :)

Again - I'd love for everyone everywhere who has anything slightly relevant to be able to advertise/contribute, but I already know things too easily end up in a shitfight which bores me to deal with.  Anyhoo there's more info coming - much sooner than my previous "soon"s.

Offline Mitch@IR

"Busy" in that I'm waiting for a chance to be able to put together proper advertising options for people on AE, I have the ideas, and now that I'm semi-retired, I'll finally have some time.

Again - I'd love for everyone everywhere who has anything slightly relevant to be able to advertise/contribute, but I already know things too easily end up in a shitfight which bores me to deal with.  Anyhoo there's more info coming - much sooner than my previous "soon"s.

Sorry if it sounded like I was having a dig at you I wasnt. Cant wait till I am semi retired lol.

I understand 100% look forward to the info and helping support aussie exotics :)

Offline fivesix

Why is it that the people keen to pay up to the site just happen to be in competition?! :(

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib

I think you mentioned you're moving to Perth?  Once that happens it'll be more acceptable as there's no competition on regional market, but for now I'm giving Mario Melbourne and Sydney.

way to gooo MARIO.... :headbang: :woohoo: :clap: :hyper: :burnout: :nana: :drive:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Why is it that the people keen to pay up to the site just happen to be in competition?! :(

Funny story, short version is I told Mario it'd take several months before he got ROI. He complained every month at the start saying he wasn't getting anything. I told him quit if he wants, but like I said it's a long-haul thing.

Mario called me last week to say how awesome AE was going for him, that sticking around and building a brand has helped him immeasurably.

:cool:

Offline Mitch@IR

Mario called me last week to say how awesome AE was going for him, that sticking around and building a brand has helped him immeasurably.

:cool:

so why be scared of competition then :).

I would like to say ash I appreciate you not completly removing this thread as has been done on another forum that strangely Mario is also on.

Regards,

Mitch

PS Jan 2012 I will contact you again in regards to advertising as a WA detailer and look forward to supporting you and AE in the future.

Offline domino

• doing it topless

• Drives: on E85

car forums will always attract detailers or car wash related products, my intro here back in 07 was when I was selling microfibre products as a hobby business

there's really not many other business types in our local car industry that would get the same roi imo, not to mention a shrinking industry here for afternarket part shops as everyone just buys o/s now

on a few other car forums I visit there are some wheel and tyre shops, tuners but they just don't get the same attention as the frequent detailed x car today threads do