Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

Offline TomE

Red Herring...

I heard MHH is buying a blue Rex to put them on so he can hang out with Brenton and Ben.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Red Herring...

I heard MHH is buying a blue Rex to put them on so he can hang out with Brenton and Ben.

he might be able to keep up then  :cool:

nice pick up  :thumbsup:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Maybe I have too much of a vested interest to be objective; but I think Mark could do very well out of those plates.
If there is an active heritage plate scene in SA as has been suggested, the disparity in prices between SA & Vic/NSW could narrow. If that was Vic or NSW 18 the rights to those would he at least $750k, perhaps more because of the "1" and the "8" numerals. Number 17, although a lower number, would be worth less.

Well played Mark 👍

Offline TomE

Maybe I have too much of a vested interest to be objective; but I think Mark could do very well out of those plates.
If there is an active heritage plate scene in SA as has been suggested, the disparity in prices between SA & Vic/NSW could narrow. If that was Vic or NSW 18 the rights to those would he at least $750k, perhaps more because of the "1" and the "8" numerals. Number 17, although a lower number, would be worth less.

Well played Mark 👍

Interesting comment. Does having one dominate player in a limited collector/investment asset set increase or decrease the pool value of the assets.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Interesting comment. Does having one dominate player in a limited collector/investment asset set increase or decrease the pool value of the assets.

I don't think there would be one dominant player in any plate market in Australia to be honest. There are too many plates out there, even if you only consider the first 100 plates issued in a particular state. I couldn't see one person owning enough of them to be considered anything close to dominant. What would the first 100 plates be worth collectively in Vic or NSW? With # 1 being worth something like $3 million and # 99 being worth something like $225k, I would guess collectively they might be worth
$40 million  :scratchchin: Hence I can't see anybody being a dominant player.

To answer your question though, it simply comes back to the balance of supply and demand. If you use the example of the nine single digit plates in SA and person "X" accumulates say 5 of them, there are obviously only 4 of them left. If they are perceived to be a hot investment then all the wealth of SA who may be inclined to purchase one are chasing one of only 4 plates. Demand therefore increases and supply decreases as each of those 4 are sold. Price goes up with each sale providing none of the previously purchased plates re-enters the market.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Off Topic ] Aussie Politics dodger Today at 04:19
[ Cars ] Spotted thread mhh Today at 00:09
[ Cars ] Underground Parking at Home shack Yesterday at 20:47
[ Off Topic ] Teevee and moovees scud Yesterday at 20:36