Linked Events

• Feb 13 - SA - The Great Plate Auction: Sun, 13 Feb, 2011

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
Good Evening historic plate enthusiasts,

Ash, I hope the wine tasting went spillingly....thanks for the green-light to post.

It's with pleasure I announce that The Great Plate Auction 2011 has been scheduled to take place on Sunday February 13th, at BEA Motors, Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Mile End.

In addition, we are about to go live with our upgraded website which includes a treasure trove of materials, information and data that I have gathered in my 20+ years of procuring, dealing and trading in SA historic plates.

Sorry for the tease, but I’m going to hold over the announcement of our two digit auction plates to celebrate our new site going live....so keep an eye on www.historicplates.com.au.

Further to this, we have two other brilliant pieces of news....again more to come on these.

If you missed out on your chance in 1985 to secure an investment grade, low or two digit historic SA plate, then don’t miss our February 2011 “Historic Plate 25th Anniversary” auction.

Planned for December, this holiday time of year proved problematic for some clients who wished to be present in order to bid; we’ve reset the date to mid February.

We have an extremely rare pair of two digit historic plates on offer,  a very low three digit with the lucky “1” and “8” numeral combination and a neat three digit plate ending in “zero”.

I’ve been a 911 owner since 1991, and as both a Porsche and historic plate enthusiast I know that with the possible exception of SA888, historic plate SA911 is the most desirable and cool three digit plate you can buy. We’re auctioning it to be sold on February 13th 2011. Porsche A.G. will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 911 in 2013; you could own this sensational plate ahead of time.

Image'

In addition, there are some A++ investment grade “recurring digit” historic plates that are being offered by the original purchasers from The Great Plate Auction in 1985. Keep an eye on the site for details.

Finally, if you’re chasing one of the 26 “single character” plates, then we’ll be able to help you as we are auctioning custom plate “H”. With the recent meteoric rise of historic plate values,  in the future we’ll look back and realise this rare & unique plate was a very astute investment indeed, especially given what the single character plates recently sold for in Victoria. I predict that one day (and I’ve personally asked them to do so) the SA Government will legislate for SA to use the smaller dimension custom plates that the other states NSW and Qld use; so you’ll be able to make this a 150mm x 110mm plate....thus perfect for the front of your Ferrari 458.
Worth a punt? I think so.

No one has sold more two digit or low three digit plates than us or has a larger buyer and vendor database; so if you're a seller this makes historicplates.com.au and thegreatplateauction.com.au the finest vehicles through which to sell your plates. If you’re a buyer, we secure the best plates on the market for you to buy.

Go tell your friends- and if you are an interstate investor we can take care of all your needs.

Keep your eye on the press and our site www.thegreatplateauction.com.au for more details. The Great Plate Auction 2011, a live auction of the finest investment grade Historic SA number plates to be offered in over a decade.

Cheers
Stewart Kay.
Proprietor.

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.

www.historicplates.com.au is proud to advise that in February we will auction the rare South Australian Historic Plate SA 333-333 at The Great Plate Auction 2011.

This is a fantastic and sought after” lucky” plate 333-333. Numeral 3’s are second only to 8’s in “luckiness”, as numeral 3 is considered lucky because it sounds similar to the character for "birth". SA333-333 makes you six times luckier from birth.

Otherwise, it is just a brilliant looking repeating Historic SA number plate that has been in the same ownership since the 1985 Great Plate Auction.

.....have we got your new lucky number?

Don’t miss out.

To register and to see more auction plates visit www.thegreatplateauction.com.au

www.historicplates.com.au – your #1 name in SA Historic Plate sales, history and expertise.

Stewart Kay
Proprietor

Offline 1st

www.historicplates.com.au is proud to advise that in February 2011 we will auction the rare South Australian Historic Plates SA82 and SA87.

Of the ninety possible two digit plates, the rare records held by historicplates.com.au reveal that only 65 of these 90 possible two digit plates have ever been sold with Rights. Making these ever rarer, we understand that these 65 plates are held by only 36 individual owners and families.

So, the availability of SA82 and SA87 is an exceedingly rare opportunity to secure one or two of the elusive "two digits".

And with VIC 97 having recently sold for $180 000 we expect SA records to tumble when SA82 and SA87 hits the auction block.

If you missed out in 1985 back then, don’t miss out again.

To register and to see more auction plates visit www.thegreatplateauction.com.au

www.historicplates.com.au – your #1 name in SA Historic Plate sales, history and expertise.

Stewart Kay
Proprietor

Offline dkabab

your thread title says 83.....

anyway 87, the devils number. would go well with 66-666 i think

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
ahh, I was only thinking about that plate today, it was on my mates company Magna for years.

Offline 1st

[/quote]
anyway 87, the devils number. would go well with 66-666 i think
[/quote]

Ha! 87 is only "unlucky" if you're a cricketer......13 short of the century.

On the other hand, the investment performance of any two digit number of late has been extremely L U C K Y.

In my experience  there's no such thing as a bad "two digit" !

Cheers

Stewart.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline 1st

Offline 1st

I picked up some auction plates today, and received a surprise from my vendor.

I'm pleased to advise that along with the now irreplaceable c.1985 enamel number plates the very lucky purchaser(s) of our two digit historic's will each also be receiving an original and now unobtainium example of 1985's The Great Plate Auction 44pg catalogue.

Cheers

SCK.

Offline 1st

We've done it again here at www.historicplates.com.au, listing another two of the rarest SA historic plates to come on the market in the past twenty five years, a rare consecutive set of tightly held and supremely desirable two digit historic plates, to be offered as individual lots- SA"64" and SA"65".

In addition, we have listed the black GP plates "57" and "64" for auction also.

Having been entrusted to handle these very rare plates, we can advise of incredible interest to plate collectors and enthusiasts will be the opportunity to purchase both SA"64" and GP"64"....and hence have two cars registered in the same number, "64".

This is a rare opportunity, as no other state in Australia has this numberplate quirk, and it's an opportunity likely to never be repeated again here in SA as we know of no other two digit GP/Historic Plates set held by the same owners.

See the website for details.

www.historicplates.com.au

Cheers

Stewart Kay
Proprietor
www.historicplates.com.au
Est 1989, the No1 site for SA historic plates