Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
No love at all, Tom.....cheap love for 2 digits though :p

Pretty much  bargain buying really. I saw a 3 digit GP yesterday and it took me a while to register that it was a GP plate, not just a low number historic. Remember I'm not a big, plate lover, someone like Scott would see that it was a GP plate in a second. Still a very flashy plate with 2 digits on them and you would think that they will grow in value over time. When plates were selling at the original plate auction people would have been thought of as being crazy for paying a few thousand for numbers worth ten or more times as much now. Low GP plate numbers now for a few thousand MIGHT be worth quite a lot more in 15 or 20 years as those Adelaide GP days become more historic. Could be worth the risk if you have a few spare dollars.

Offline saprix

Unless its a great number it would have to be in the 100's- low 1000's. The government tried to ban selling them and ended up in a legal minefield because they didnt stipulate that they couldnt be re-sold when they were brought out. They promoted them as an investment, which means they could be resold, otherwise what was the investment part of buying them?

Thanks. I want to buy one of them. And do you have some resource of them for sale?

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Nice find.  :thumbsup:
+1

Enjoyed listening to that interview.  You can hear Stewarts passion in the interview.  Very knowledgable on the topic.  Well done Stewart.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Thanks. I want to buy one of them. And do you have some resource of them for sale?

M308 is the man to talk to about plates. I only know 2 people with GP Plates and they arent selling. If you can get a low number like he says, it might go up in value quite nicely in time but there are no guarantees.

Offline saprix

M308 is the man to talk to about plates. I only know 2 people with GP Plates and they arent selling. If you can get a low number like he says, it might go up in value quite nicely in time but there are no guarantees.

The WHITE GP number plate is 358. In your opinion, how much can I offer to buy? Thanks so much.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
M308 is the man to talk to about plates.
Thanks AFU :)

The WHITE GP number plate is 358. In your opinion, how much can I offer to buy? Thanks so much.
Unfortunately, GP 358 is not a transferrable number plate, which means that the current owner is unable to sell the plate to you.

P.S. I have replied to your email as well :)

Offline saprix

The old guy said he went to service sa to enquire about it. An officer gave him a positive reply. So I want too come along with him to the service SA to check. In your opinion, how much can I offer to buy. Thanks.

ps: many thanks for your email. Do not forget my jubilee. Cherrs.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
The old guy said he went to service sa to enquire about it. An officer gave him a positive reply. So I want too come along with him to the service SA to check. In your opinion, how much can I offer to buy. Thanks.

ps: many thanks for your email. Do not forget my jubilee. Cherrs.
I don't mean to be negative, but don't get your hopes up.....

The value isn't applicable in this situation, until you have confirmation that the plate can be transferred.