Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I wonder who makes the choices, whether they have a comittee or one person making the decisions?

Offline bentley

Evans & Clarke have been dumped????

I haven't heard anything about this.....a few decent plates. I was wondering why I recently received a few calls requesting advise on purchasing plates.

Has plate interest diminished that much in SA that no discussion of these auctions are going on? :(

I do like these 2 plates ;)

SA "918"
SA "981"

http://www.graysonline.com/sale/8001797/motor-vehicles-motor-cycles/south-australian-numeric-number-plate-auction

My first post. Long time lurker and have been reading all the past SA plates threads.

Not really surprised to see 981 only received 1 bid and sold for $17500 while 918 didn't receive any bids at all.

SA's economy is terrible now. With high unemployment and so much uncertainty, can't see people spending money on plates.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

My first post. Long time lurker and have been reading all the past SA plates threads.

Not really surprised to see 981 only received 1 bid and sold for $17500 while 918 didn't receive any bids at all.

SA's economy is terrible now. With high unemployment and so much uncertainty, can't see people spending money on plates.

I was told 918 sold for $17700???

Offline bentley

I was told 918 sold for $17700???

Sold post auction? I was following the auction and saw it ended with no bids.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Sold post auction? I was following the auction and saw it ended with no bids.

interesting.

Did you document the sale prices?  I was told 2133 went for $14k which surprised me.  Did you document the prices?  care to share some of them.

Offline phpftw

Does anyone think we may be due for another auction soon? I'm looking to buy a 3 digit (upgrading from a 4 digit). I tried contacting the owner of plates / historic plates which had some listed but this guy is slack as and I never heard back after a few weeks of trying to contact them. Can anyone recommend any other sites which sometimes have them as being for sale?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Does anyone think we may be due for another auction soon? I'm looking to buy a 3 digit (upgrading from a 4 digit). I tried contacting the owner of plates / historic plates which had some listed but this guy is slack as and I never heard back after a few weeks of trying to contact them. Can anyone recommend any other sites which sometimes have them as being for sale?

You might need to persevere with Historic Plates if you want a 3 digit as it is possible that the next Gov auction won't have any. Ring Stewart 0401 722 222.