Offline TomE

X is a letter, not a number. That's a regular custom plate.

One of the only tradeable custom ones. Last one went for $30k from memory.

Offline TomE

I can't help but wonder if they're releasing them to build up some interest, then release the great ones when more people are interested. :scratchchin:

I think you are overthinking it. Gov is just pumping them out to make what ever cash they can.

Offline app

I think you are overthinking it. Gov is just pumping them out to make what ever cash they can.

Maybe, but unless there is a reason, it doesn't make sense why they have good ones locked away and only release standard plates random long digit combinations when the Government is in the business of the now rather than 5, 10, 20 years.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Maybe, but unless there is a reason, it doesn't make sense why they have good ones locked away and only release standard plates random long digit combinations when the Government is in the business of the now rather than 5, 10, 20 years.
Many of the random plates they release would be from requests from the public through their website etc.

Offline app

Many of the random plates they release would be from requests from the public through their website etc.

And requests for good numbers?

Offline M308

• Degranged

Offline app

What do you class as "good numbers"?

Sorry I shouldn't say "good" numbers as that has a subjective element to it.

Not that I've shown much interest in the last couple of years but to clarify what I was getting at, it appear patterns (regardless of the number of digits) or low numbers, say low 3 digits or even 2 digits, are a rarer sight than they used to be.

I assume they are mostly exchanged on the secondary hand market?  In any case, I imagine the Government still has a fair few locked away?

Offline IExperiment

+1

Offline M308

• Degranged

Sorry I shouldn't say "good" numbers as that has a subjective element to it.

Not that I've shown much interest in the last couple of years but to clarify what I was getting at, it appear patterns (regardless of the number of digits) or low numbers, say low 3 digits or even 2 digits, are a rarer sight than they used to be.

I assume they are mostly exchanged on the secondary hand market?  In any case, I imagine the Government still has a fair few locked away?
There ain't that many 3 digits left For them to sell....

The 2 digits that have been taken back by the D.T.E.I. will either go to tender or offered at a "special" auction. This could happen tomorrow or 50 years from now, but they would have ideas in place.

If it were up to me, I would be cashing in ASAP while the market ain't too bad....

They should of taken advantage of prices 3-4 years ago when the market was excellent, but who would of known that was the peak of the market.

Just my 2c.