Offline Aussie50

I'm at start of looking at legal proceedings but I am also hoping to find out if anyone else has been scammed by this company - please message me or send me an email. Basically buying and paying for a plate and not receiving it after a number of months. In my case also finding it for sale on another website so doesn't look like they had rights to the plate in the first place? I hope this is allowed but would really like to talk to others if it has happened to them also.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'm at start of looking at legal proceedings but I am also hoping to find out if anyone else has been scammed by this company - please message me or send me an email. Basically buying and paying for a plate and not receiving it after a number of months. In my case also finding it for sale on another website so doesn't look like they had rights to the plate in the first place? I hope this is allowed but would really like to talk to others if it has happened to them also.

That sounds odd. I've bought several plates through them - not from them - and apart from slowness usually caused by the seller, no problems. As brokers, they are at the mercy of the seller. The website is out of date though. (SA) 99 is still there and I bought it 8 months ago.

Edit: the website is now updated and 99 is showing as sold.  :thumbsup:

Offline Aussie50

Thanks heaps for your help. I thought it was just one guy selling. I'm just so confused by it all like I bought it through the auction part of the site. But I won and received the invoice, paid and received confirmation. Now the plate is up for auction again on another website :(.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Thanks heaps for your help. I thought it was just one guy selling. I'm just so confused by it all like I bought it through the auction part of the site. But I won and received the invoice, paid and received confirmation. Now the plate is up for auction again on another website :(.

Call me tomorrow if you want a hand. Something isn't right there.

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
Copy FYI as just sent by PM to Aussie50:

"Please give me a call ASAP- I'm not sure of the confusion but we can work it out immediately if there has been a problem with a vendor of ours, our new internet auction facility or our service delivery.

We often sell plates that vendors have advertised elsewhere with no luck, whist we secure exclusivity with them in order to ensure your purchase is safe sometimes these old ads car still appear.

I look forward to sorting this out for you.

Regards

Stewart
0401 722 222
historicplates.com.au"