Offline WOLF

IN VICTORIA:
 Ok so I was under the impression that in VIC you paid an annual fee for your REGO, within that annual fee there was an incorporated CTP (Compulsory Third Party) element. I thought that with the REGO bought (that white square piece of paper stuck to the inside of the windowscreen) if you chose to get any additional insurance (fully comp) then that was at your discretion and not compulsory - is that wrong ?
Also on private plates, in Victoria do you have to pay a yearly fee for it?

IN NSW:
A mate in Sydney tells me that you have to pay Rego & CTP separately and then discretionary insurance on top of that.
I've also looked and in NSW you have to pay a yearly fee for any private plates you buy on top of the one off purchase fee - Is this right ?

Can you clarify any of the above ?
Cheers   :scratchchin:

Offline j15

IN VICTORIA:
 Ok so I was under the impression that in VIC you paid an annual fee for your REGO, within that annual fee there was an incorporated CTP (Compulsory Third Party) element. I thought that with the REGO bought (that white square piece of paper stuck to the inside of the windowscreen) if you chose to get any additional insurance (fully comp) then that was at your discretion and not compulsory - is that wrong ?
Also on private plates, in Victoria do you have to pay a yearly fee for it?

IN NSW:
A mate in Sydney tells me that you have to pay Rego & CTP separately and then discretionary insurance on top of that.
I've also looked and in NSW you have to pay a yearly fee for any private plates you buy on top of the one off purchase fee - Is this right ?

Can you clarify any of the above ?
Cheers   :scratchchin:

NSW info is correct

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Vic rego is as follows:

Rego and TAC(insurance) are paid in one hit - about $400 - $500 depending on the vehicle and your post code. The TAC part of it is only insurance on injury caused by accident, property damage insurance you have to have on top of this, as in 3rd party or full Comp, which is not compulsory but a very good idea to have.

Also remember if you are bringing in a car under the Personal Import rules, it still has to go thru a RWC here in Vic, and maybe a VASS(not 100% sure on this, the PI will include some work to be done on compliance issues).

Personal Plates are a one off purchase price in Vic, once you pay for them that's it.

As for NSW, not sure about that but I think you need to have a vehicle check done every 12 months when the rego is due?????  It that correct???

Offline WOLF

Thanks guys that answers the questions for me. Ok so next question, whos the best for insurance of a Razza ?