Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I saw 44-444 on a ute from land development co. from Port Hughes but he turned off before I could stop him.  Leburpor tellls me that number means "death" anyway, so I guess it will come up one day.  :p

So what's the relevance of 66-666???

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass

So what's the relevance of 66-666???

Love.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline app

[MINIBMW] on a Black Cooper S

Does anyone know where you can get custom plates printed at a specific size here in SA? i want to get my plate redone with silver on black but i don't want the big number plate with only 2 letters in the middle, looks crap, but i have seen a few plates that are much smaller.......

I was wondering the same thing today. If you find any places that do it, please let me know.

(I think) that in QLD that the size of the plates you buy are generally in proportion to how many letters you have. So if you have 2 letters, your plate will be pretty small. Is this correct??

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I was wondering the same thing today. If you find any places that do it, please let me know.

(I think) that in QLD that the size of the plates you buy are generally in proportion to how many letters you have. So if you have 2 letters, your plate will be pretty small. Is this correct??

Yeah - certainly not the case here :?

Offline waz356

Does anyone know where you can get custom plates printed at a specific size here in SA? i want to get my plate redone with silver on black but i don't want the big number plate with only 2 letters in the middle, looks crap, but i have seen a few plates that are much smaller.......

Legally you can't change the size or the colour nor can you use a stick on plate in SA.

If you want sometihng specifically made, go to www.licenceplates.tv They make anything in any colour and it's here in a week.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

[MINIBMW] on a Black Cooper S

If you want to remain legal, you can only fit plates supplied by TSA.  I tried several sign companies and none were keen to copy an historic plate because the supplier can also be liable.  However, you see plenty of non-genuine plates out there but most were done before TSA started to get heavy about non-genuine plates.   I eventually found one plate maker who didn't care and did new plates for my 88.888 plates but I was challenged by a cop at an RBT a week later and warned that I'd be booked unless I put TSA plates back on - which I promptly did.  Doing a small custom plate would be asking for trouble.  The reason they don't like fake plates is that crooks can put fake plates on a car  more easily.

There are options on sizes for though - see page 2 of this.

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/registration/special_plates_brochure.pdf

If you really want a small plate and still be legal, you'll see you can get smaller plates with 2 and 3 digit "numeric" plates.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot