Offline Alec S

Sorry to ask a soppy question but I have never done this in Aus before, how do I go about getting a replacement (hopefully smaller / motorbike type) number plate in Victoria?

Do I have to go to VIC roads and get one of those big jobbies or can I go to a local Motorbike shop etc???
"Madam, I don't usually forget a face but in your case I'll make an exception" - Groucho Marx

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I think there are aftermarket plate makers - I doubt you'll be able to get them from RTA (or whatever) directly without a motorbike.  Perhaps someone else knows these folk...

Offline CortinaD

Im trying to get this done also, none of the show plate guys will put stamp SA into the plate.

Another thing you might try going to your rego department and ask them for a mini numberplate because you are putting a bike rack on the back of your car :)

Offline CortinaD

Any news on this? I tried to order a motorcycle plate online but it says I cant do as the plates are assigned to a car.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
In VIC, you're only allowed VICROADS assigned paltes. There are either standard or slimline height.

They must be vertical or within just a few degrees and can only be the original metal stamped plates. Nothing else is legal.

However, there are a number of creative alternatives that can pass off as either un noticable, or "just a warning".... like perfect replica stickers etc.

If you make a smaller plate up, which can and has been done, you should accept it as utterly illegal and HOPE for understanding from the cops if you get stopped/caught.

Stickers can be made with reflective lettering just like the correct plates, and will show up for the cameras... which seems to be the main area of concern!

if you have custom mix plates, they are only available as std size... slim line is not available in mixed letters/numbering.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Trefolyte Labels - North Rd, Murrumbeena, tel 03 9570 7299 will make you anything you wish within 1 hour.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline 265T

Any news on this? I tried to order a motorcycle plate online but it says I cant do as the plates are assigned to a car.

any luck with this?

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Here:
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline CortinaD

any luck with this?

Nope :( I will try that contact from andecorp but if that isn't a alloy embossed one I will buy a motorcycle and transfer my plates across and get one made.

Offline waz356

Nope :( I will try that contact from andecorp but if that isn't a alloy embossed one I will buy a motorcycle and transfer my plates across and get one made.

www.licenseplates.tv

They'll make pretty much any plate in any style. I have oval shaped German export plates on the 356 and Goober got the plates on the R32 from there also.