Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
Morning team.

I thought there would be some discourse on this.

Class of plate rights aside, a plate with an 0 ahead of a 1 was issued in 1918 when the authorities got to SA 9999.

Some history, but a recent re-issue if you like.

Yes, it's a custom plate, but such combinations are no longer available from the authorities (and we all know what happened in 2008 when certain plates were NLA).

It is what it is. Kind of a homage to the leading zero series. An interesting No, and of the 35,000 sold what must be the 'best' Custom plate on issue.

It's not SA 1, not a historic; but it's not going to be the price of an Unley villa as SA 1 would be, either.

Folks will decide on the day.....the beauty of a live market auction.

The Black GP plates in the series 1-199 and a few triple number (333 etc) white GP plates (confused yet?) have Class Specific Rights the same as the Historic Plates.

The two Centenary of Federation plates for auction 868 C and 898 C also have these Class Specific Rights, the same as the Black GP's and Historics.

Cheers all - hope to see you in the 'morrow.

SCK

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
I dug this up from the English magazine Classic & Sportscar published in 1998....the Le Mans racer it was registered to for a few years featured in an article with some great photography & I thought it a worthy shot to share here.....

Offline kailin

• Drives: 535i

Offline 1st

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Just got back from the auction. SK will provide a full wrap up I am sure but no. 17 went for $206k. Number 01 (custom plate) went for $30k.

Here are some crappy pics I took with my mobile phone - no 17, no 16 (on a commodore for god's sake) and a lovely Testarossa. Unfortunately I missed getting a photo of the black Gallardo parked outside.

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
Not sure why 17 is upside down when I upload it... ? Where has technical support gone?

Having same trouble with 21, you get the picture anyway.