Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
does anyone have any suggestions on where to park close to the auction venue?  I know Brisbane but don't know the valley too well regarding parking restrictions.  I don't mind paying for parking either...

Hi 62rocket, closest & best park is Secure Parking Valley Metro Fortitude Valley, entry via Alfred Street or Alden Street, it's a 3 minute walk down Constance St to the corner of Wickam St.

See:

http://www.carparking.info/fortitude-valley/secure-parking-valley-metro-fortitude-valley/230-brunswick-street#.Un2iI-LTQgo

Cheers

Stewart.

Online jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
So who's going? Might make the trip in. Any one keen for a feed before or coffee/drink after?

Offline fivesix

So who's going? Might make the trip in. Any one keen for a feed before or coffee/drink after?
Yeah! Was going to message you!

Online TomE

does anyone have any suggestions on where to park close to the auction venue?  I know Brisbane but don't know the valley too well regarding parking restrictions.  I don't mind paying for parking either...
. Double park out front if you are bidding on Q8
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Online jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Dear AE-ers,

We are pleased to provide AE members with an exclusive invitation to The Great Qld Plate Auction III, where Q '8' & forty fine heritage Q Plates are for live auction at 7pm on Thursday Nov 14th at Lamborghini Brisbane, corner of Wickham and Constance St Fortitude Valley

Real-time live internet bidding is available for country and interstate bidders.

Click on the following for details of the auction and a full listing of the plates on offer.

Many, many thanks AE for this space.

Cheers

Stewart Kay
0401 722 222
So who will be attending? Just fivesix? Stuart, do we need to register to attend?

Offline fivesix

So who will be attending? Just fivesix? Stuart, do we need to register to attend?

Meet you there about 6:30?

Offline Q777

Thanks to Stewart for putting on another huge auction.
So big in fact, that the event probably ran later than many expected!
Congrats to the new owner of Q8 for the price of $220,000 (or just under $240K with the buyers premium)

I was glad to pick up Q7771 which will go beside my Q777 plate on two near identical cars. I know that 4 digit plates aren't a great investment, but I couldn't resist.

The storm probably scared a few people away tonight, but all in all a great night.

I was interested to see how many people were having loud conversations amongst themselves while the auction was on. I've never experienced it before in any previous plate auctions (or even house auctions for that matter). I guess it's not a big deal, but it was quite distracting and pretty disrespectful to the auctioneer, host and organiser.  Did anyone else notice this?

Cheers

Craig

Offline 62rocket

I attended and thought the crowd was a little down compared to the May 2012 auction held at Porsche Brisbane.

I have to agree with the comment about rude people talking during each auction.  Having said that I thought the auctioneer lost control of the proceedings there a few times almost getting into an argument with one bidder during the auction of Q8. There's possibly nothing worse than having a huge break in between some lots - the whole 'vibe' of the auction lost momentum there a few times.  The auctioneer basically took offence to the bidder attempting to reduce the bidding increments from 10k to 5k. The auctioneer asked him to speak up or perhaps he would like to step up and run the auction.  Pretty unprofessional considering the plate that was up for sale and the amount of money involved for a potential sale of that plate. 

It was good to see Q8, Q88888 and Q988 sell for decent money.  The lure of having consecutive 8's in a plate will always attract buyer interest....

Offline jasong

Hi all,
I was out West and couldn't make the plate auction due to the storm. Then when I tried to get home, got caught up in a car/truck accident. Appreciate if someone could provide or advise how to obtain auction results.

Regards