Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
20K....... hmm... i have seen that plate on that car for almost 2 years now..... thats almost the value of a 2 yr old accord :P

Did you see post #1 of this thread?  [ 13 ] on a Civic, take a wild guess...!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

...the number being sorta a lucky number that runs in the family...

Your cuz liked the Rolls's plate :D

Offline app

you could say that there is some meaning to it, i have a single letter and single number. the letter being the first letter of my first name and the number being sorta a lucky number that runs in the family. i suppose you can say it has more meaning than historic plates, i have nothing against historic plate, but 95% of people don't have a connection with the plate, atleast thats what i find

Ah nice, wouldn't be too many of those. I could never dream of getting anything like that. With the first letter of my name being A, it seems pretty common on number plates. Ie, I'm not going to get "A1" easily especially with the lucky numbers that exist, like 8 the lucky number for Asian's etc (I'm not Asian though!). I've tried all sorts of two digit plates starting with A in the past but the good ones are taken. So I think I'll settle for something else that relates to my name but not as good.

Also, it depends, some people as Ash said like historics because they have that intangible value that comes with it rather than the actual meaning to the person.

Offline app

Your cuz liked the Rolls's plate :D

Funny you mention 7's and RR's - came accross this while looking on wikipedia at RR Phantom.

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
the owner of the plate i got on my car gave the plate up so i could buy it when he found i was getting my first car, so i was lucky the plate that i wanted was actually with a cousin of mine. don't think i mentioned it, my plate is [F7]

Offline MatyB

Hi guys,

I have a SA historic plate and i am wondering if anyone here can tell me where you can hav the original style vitrious enamel plates made?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Hi guys,

I have a SA historic plate and i am wondering if anyone here can tell me where you can hav the original style vitrious enamel plates made?

If you want to fit them to a car, I don't think you can.  You need to fit what you have or new standard issue aluminium plates from TSA.  I haven't seen a vitrious plate for years and then only on a very old car.

What plate do you have?

Offline M500

Have you guys seen the ain the Advertiser with the 2-digit plates for $75k each and the 3-digit for $12k? Seems that the financial crisis may have touched home, wonder what the bottom price on these plates would be?

Offline waz356

What are your thoughts on the new Euro style plates? I'm a bit disappointed. They're just sequential plates like the AA-xxxA series "Premium" plates but in a different style, but where the premium plates were bought outright for $170 (from memory), the new Euro plates are $190/year. That's the same price as a custom plate but you get no say in the combination of numbers or letters. Another govt. money grab.