Linked Events

• October 24 - VIC - Motorclassica Collector Vehicle Auction: Sun, 24 Oct, 2010

Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

Compare apples with apples.....NSW "997" has nothing to do with what Vic "458" will go for.

"599" went for mid $90's a couple of months ago and "458" will go very close to, if not over....

Someone will over pay for '458' as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow! It will be a crap investment as it's value will decline as the 458 model gets older and older.

A mate of mine got carried away and paid way too much for '599'. Bought it for his brother who has a 599;but he should have checked first because his brother is happy with the 2 digit he has on the car. The '599' plate now sits behind the bar at Zagames looking for a new home.

Offline M308

• Degranged

Might see you there, I am leaving the bat cave for the event. I'll be the one chasing the 2 year old :(

Yep.....thats lots of fun......did that a couple of weeks ago :agro: :banghead: :p
Someone will over pay for '458' as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow! It will be a crap investment as it's value will decline as the 458 model gets older and older.

A mate of mine got carried away and paid way too much for '599'. Bought it for his brother who has a 599;but he should have checked first because his brother is happy with the 2 digit he has on the car. The '599' plate now sits behind the bar at Zagames looking for a new home.

I am gathering you know a little (:p) re. Vic heritage plates......what is the 2 digit market like at the moment over there??

Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

Keep your eyes on 886 and 363. I think these results will be surprising, 886 in particular.
I suggest the 886 plate will sell for the highest price of the three digits. 628 is a dark horse too, as is 919 and 717.
Put it this way, in terms of an investment, compare for example a current value of "328" or "348" (forgetting how unloved this model seems to be) with "886" as a future magnet of value.
I think the owner of 458 is quite astute, there will never be a better time to sell than at this particular point in the Ferrari model cycle. They will sell every 458 they can get building a demand base for the plate, but a new model will be around the corner in a few years and that will be the new must have.
Also, I predict 83 will surprise everyone with it's final $$ result.

'886' should be the highest triple digit result. Lucky 8's and lucky 6 will do the job.
I don't see '363' being anything special; but it caught my eye as I own '360' and '365'.
The 458 plate is most probably owned by Vic Roads. I agree, this will be the peak value it sees for a while.

'83'- hmmmmmm, any 2 digit is special; but I think the estimated range is on the money.

Investment wise, I think 3 digits are fully priced now. They have had a huge run over the last 5 years or so.

Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

I still don't think the 2 digits will make reserve....

$200k+ for a high 2 digit heritage plate in this climate, which is still quite volatile, people will be thinking twice.... :scratchchin:

3 digits will be the best option & a better future investment for the initial outlay ;)

Other way around IMHO.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

Yep.....thats lots of fun......did that a couple of weeks ago :agro: :banghead: :pI am gathering you know a little (:p) re. Vic heritage plates......what is the 2 digit market like at the moment over there??

Only thing worse is having a 2 year old AND a 12 month old. What was I thinking?

I have been collecting heritage plates for 10 years now, and as a result follow the market very closely. I only buy numbers that have a Ferrari link to them.
2 digits don't come to market publicly very often at all. This will be the first 2 digit auction for a couple of years.
There are always a couple available privately; but in my experience they tend to be priced highly on the "if it sells, it sells" basis.
I predict the 2 digit plates in the auction will sell at the higher end of the estimate range.

Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

You think people will invest for safety ?

Historically heritage plates have been good investments. They are very limited and demand is rising with public interest. A rising tide doesn't lift all boats equally though, so you need to know what to buy and what to pay.
Even then, when you get to single digits it's not about the money as they are just not for sale.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Mate of mine has several 3 digits and says they were a great investment.
He's right of course as long as you didnt have a better use for the money for the past 20 years.

Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

Mate of mine has several 3 digits and says they were a great investment.
He's right of course as long as you didnt have a better use for the money for the past 20 years.

I paid $30k for '360' back in 2002. Not many conventional investments would have made the same return over 8 years, let alone tax free. Wish I had bought more at the time.

I also knocked back '37' for $80k ish a couple of years later :(

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I paid $30k for '360' back in 2002. Not many conventional investments would have made the same return over 8 years, let alone tax free. Wish I had bought more at the time.

I also knocked back '37' for $80k ish a couple of years later :(

Won't 360 lose a bit of it's shine now that the 360's are in decline ?