Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Just noticed this on another forum. Potentially, some veeeerrrrry expensive plates in there. I look forward to seeing the results :)

http://www.plateshed.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6251

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Sweet - forgot about that site.

Welcome back; your last visit was: Jun 11 2008, 09:31 PM

Need to be logged in to view details, here they are:

Quote from: moz
I've known about these for about a week or so but just haven't had the chance to get the pics and extra info together. Credit goes to number 3 of the ACT for giving me the initial 'sniff' on these. He really is a good boy.

Ok here's the info...

Only 24 plates to be issued with letters I and O to be withheld. Not sure if this is due to the obvious that they look like numerics (like when VicRoads botched up the 0/zero release and the V series issues a couple of years ago) or maybe they could be holding on to these two I and O plates as draw cards for a future auction. I will attempt to find out. Another source has told me that all 26 plates A-Z were ordered and made.

PRICE: The market will decide. The 24 plates are to be auctioned next month at an invitation only event on the 11th of March. I'll bring you pics and prices from there that night when i get home.

From the photos, it appears they will be made in the perspex prestige style with the aluminium frames like the signature plates. I'm not sure if they will be available only in black bases or if they may be able to be ordered with the silver or gold bases. I personally don't see why not.

At some point after this auction night, they will be releasing single alpha/single number and single alpha/2 numbers ( So A-1 through to Z-9 and A-01 through to Z-99)
I don't have any information on when they will release these next styles but i suspect it to be around late March. These will be at set prices through the usual "custom plates" procedure. No pricing as yet but i guess they will at least be the same, if not more than the current 2 letter signature plates which start at a few thousand dollars.

That's about all i can tell you apart from there will be some 3, 4 and 5 digit heritage plates thrown in to the schedule to mix up the auction lots on the night.

Offline M308

• Degranged

Thanks Ash. I wish I could use computers......that's what I tried to do but a big FAIL :rolleyes:

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
When is this auction and how do you get an invite? I cant' find any info on the vplates site.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
The 24 plates are to be auctioned next month at an invitation only event on the 11th of March.

No idea about getting an invite.

http://www.vplates.com.au/contact-us/

Offline Ferrarista

Sweet - forgot about that site.

Need to be logged in to view details, here they are:

in NSW, the letter N went for $20k and was passed in last week.
a little advice for anyone wanting one,
1. They are rare
2. they are sooo 1990, numerics are better value
3. do NOT pay more than $20k as i can't see anyone getting it back, especially if there is an annual fee.
4. if you really want it however, keep putting up your hand. :p
Passion For The Prancing Horse

Offline Sepand

Here's the email they sent me a little while ago:

The Premium Plate Auction 2010

With only 180 places left, make sure you register for this exclusive event.

On Thursday 11 March, 60 distinctive number plate combinations from the classic Heritage and exclusive first-release Single Letter Signature Plates collection will go under the hammer.

So whether you're after a piece of the past or want to be among one of the first to get your hands on a Single Letter Signature Plate - don't miss your chance to be part of this truly historic event.

If you have already registered, we look forward to seeing you on the night.

To register or for more information, visit
somethingoldsomethingnew.com.au

Offline M308

• Degranged

3. do NOT pay more than $20k as i can't see anyone getting it back, especially if there is an annual fee.

I think people in Vic would pay $20k just to get in the door for the chance to secure 1 of these plates.......its an auction, they will all go crazy :D
I don't think potential buyers for these plates will be looking at them as an investment, it will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a single letter plate :)

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
To register or for more information, visit
somethingoldsomethingnew.com.au

The presentation and quality of this auction is miles ahead of anything I've seen in Adelaide. What is wrong with the DTEI?  They could learn a few things from this and the quality of plates provided... vitreous enamel!

"Heritage Plates are old classics recreated to original mid-20th century specifications. Each plate, available in 3, 4 and 5 digit combinations, has been painstakingly handmade by skilled artisans in much the same way as their pre-war predecessors of the 1930's."

Offline Sepand

Any guesses as to what the single letter plates might sell for?