Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Any guesses as to what the single letter plates might sell for?

I will have a stab in the dark that "V" will be the top dollar plate & will say $100k-$150k. I am being conservative on the est. though :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :scratchchin:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I'm think on average maybe $30-50k, but simply look to Scrabble points for pricing distribution.

Offline Ferrarista

I will have a stab in the dark that "V" will be the top dollar plate & will say $100k-$150k. I am being conservative on the est. though :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :scratchchin:
i personally dont think that any will go that high....numeric is different, they have history. imo, these plates have no history and are tacky.
people do tend to go crazy at these auctions and they may go high, but max 50-60k.
we can put a wager on it m308, whoever gets closer gets a free beer (if we ever happen to meet up in future)
Passion For The Prancing Horse

Offline M308

• Degranged

people do tend to go crazy at these auctions and they may go high, but max 50-60k.
we can put a wager on it m308, whoever gets closer gets a free beer (if we ever happen to meet up in future)

Done :thumbsup:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The presentation and quality of this auction is miles ahead of anything I've seen in Adelaide. What is wrong with the DTEI?  They could learn a few things from this and the quality of plates provided... vitreous enamel!

"Heritage Plates are old classics recreated to original mid-20th century specifications. Each plate, available in 3, 4 and 5 digit combinations, has been painstakingly handmade by skilled artisans in much the same way as their pre-war predecessors of the 1930's."

Unfortunately, the replica plates don't work so well on a lot of today's cars which have brackets made for standard sized plates.  But, yeah, a choice would be nice.

I take it the "skilled artisans" making Vic plates aren't doing 5-10 stretches in a WA jail like the artisans who make the SA plates...

Offline app

i personally dont think that any will go that high....numeric is different, they have history. imo, these plates have no history and are tacky.

everyone has a different opinion. some believe numerics have no sentimental value, they're just numbers, while others believe they have history etc. however, this obviously doesn't apply to people who have numerics with personal meaning such as birthdays.

some, like me, think that custom plates can have personal meaning depending on what you pick.

IMHO unless a certain set of numbers have some meaning or have a good pattern, going past 4 digits is just a waste of money.

Offline Sepand

'A' went for 110k, the others went for between 40-90k

Offline M308

• Degranged

'A' went for 110k, the others went for between 40-90k

Nice......Curious, what did "V" go for?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I've got the results of last nights auction if you want the price of anything in particular post it here.

Offline M308

• Degranged

I've got the results of last nights auction if you want the price of anything in particular post it here.

What did "V" go for? Thanks mate :)