Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes

Offline Anon

• Drives: Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG
  • Name: Steve
I was there... not a big success. Half of the plates did not sell and none of the big items. Plates sold for slightly more at the auction a few weeks ago. SA 25 got no bids with a minimum bid of $180k. SA 99 had no bids also at starting of around $150k? The other SA 7something only had 1 online bid at 90k which was under reserve.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
I was there... not a big success. Half of the plates did not sell and none of the big items. Plates sold for slightly more at the auction a few weeks ago. SA 25 got no bids with a minimum bid of $180k. SA 99 had no bids also at starting of around $150k? The other SA 7something only had 1 online bid at 90k which was under reserve.
Thanks for the info. Did any of the 3 digits sell?

Offline Anon

^ Regretablly I didn't write down the prices, but I'm pretty sure 2 sold and 1 passed. The most expensive was 258 which was border $22k.

Offline M308

• Degranged

A bit disappointing, but not a huge surprise with the 2 digits.

A starting bid of $150k for SA "99" is far too high.....they should of tried to start it off at around $100k and see what the market will drive it to. Same for SA "25"....start at $125k or so & let the market set the final bid price. If it doesn't make reserve, at least they could go back the the final bidders & start negotiations. Simples..... :p

I dont understand their logic. I would love to hear from Stewart on here to explain his thoughts & process in the above plates being auctioned :)

As I've stated before in a previous thread, SA "25" would be realistically priced between $160-180k.....that could even be a generous estimate in this market, and SA "99".....maybe $120-$140k.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
A bit disappointing, but not a huge surprise with the 2 digits.

A starting bid of $150k for SA "99" is far too high.....they should of tried to start it off at around $100k and see what the market will drive it to. Same for SA "25"....start at $125k or so & let the market set the final bid price. If it doesn't make reserve, at least they could go back the the final bidders & start negotiations. Simples..... :p

I dont understand their logic. I would love to hear from Stewart on here to explain his thoughts & process in the above plates being auctioned :)

As I've stated before in a previous thread, SA "25" would be realistically priced between $160-180k.....that could even be a generous estimate in this market, and SA "99".....maybe $120-$140k.

call me dumbo, but I don't get the plate thing, I thought I was nuts buying 3 digit plates for 1900.00 when they were released
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline M308

• Degranged

call me dumbo, but I don't get the plate thing, I thought I was nuts buying 3 digit plates for 1900.00 when they were released
Ok Dumbo :p supply & demand, history, status symbol, recognition, individuality & more and more people have started to catch on to them etc.

When you purchased your plates, you could buy them over the counter. They weren't all that popular either but were readily available to the average Joe, but were relatively expensive.....in those days as well (2008 and before).

Now, you can only buy them via auction or private sale.

In regards to the 2 digit plates, there are only a handful of collectors who will hand over 6 figure $$$'s for a decent 2 digit....

Offline Anon

In that case... I'll give you $10k for the rights to your plate. I don't even care what numbers they are ;)

I wanted to at least offer $125k for the SA 25 but my partner didn't let me. I got the evil stare when I was about to bid.