Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
In that case... I'll give you $10k for the rights to your plate. I don't even care what numbers they are ;)

I wanted to at least offer $125k for the SA 25 but my partner didn't let me. I got the evil stare when I was about to bid.

125k buys a lot of car
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Ok Dumbo :p supply & demand, history, status symbol, recognition, individuality & more and more people have started to catch on to them etc.

When you purchased your plates, you could buy them over the counter. They weren't all that popular either but were readily available to the average Joe, but were relatively expensive.....in those days as well (2008 and before).

Now, you can only buy them via auction or private sale.

In regards to the 2 digit plates, there are only a handful of collectors who will hand over 6 figure $$$'s for a decent 2 digit....

When I bought them I did so in my super fund, was told by accountants, lawyers and ex wife I was insane.

Given I got them in 06, its not a bad return on investment, I just don't get where the value is today, or am I reading it right that in say 6 or 7 years they will go up again by the same margin.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
When I bought them I did so in my super fund, was told by accountants, lawyers and ex wife I was insane.

Given I got them in 06, its not a bad return on investment, I just don't get where the value is today, or am I reading it right that in say 6 or 7 years they will go up again by the same margin.

You need to get the plates out of the superfund by mid 2016. After that there are all sorts of rules and provisions to comply with that make it not worth the trouble.
The rules for Art and collectibles were toughened up about 12mths ago.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

You need to get the plates out of the superfund by mid 2016. After that there are all sorts of rules and provisions to comply with that make it not worth the trouble.
The rules for Art and collectibles were toughened up about 12mths ago.

I bought them out 2 years ago

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

I thought you might be on top of it.

I like being on top

Online TomE

Ok Dumbo :p supply & demand, history, status symbol, recognition, individuality & more and more people have started to catch on to them etc.

When you purchased your plates, you could buy them over the counter. They weren't all that popular either but were readily available to the average Joe, but were relatively expensive.....in those days as well (2008 and before).

Now, you can only buy them via auction or private sale.

In regards to the 2 digit plates, there are only a handful of collectors who will hand over 6 figure $$$'s for a decent 2 digit....

What's your take on the government flooding the market with 5/6 digit plates recently?

Does it bring in new collectors who will want to upgrade and push the market up OR does it make them look too common on the roads and devalue all of them?

"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
What's your take on the government flooding the market with 5/6 digit plates recently?

Does it bring in new collectors who will want to upgrade and push the market up OR does it make them look too common on the roads and devalue all of them?
I don't agree with the amount of plates they are making available to the online auctions, but the live auctions seem to be travelling very well for them! The last DTEI auction proved that things are still strong for 3-6 digit plates, but they need to be relatively good combinations, or they will just be passed in, as many of the online auction plates are.

I don't think damage has been done to the market "yet" but they need to still make Historic Plates exclusive to own & display. 1-2 auctions a year with 40 plates per auction is ample to keep them desirable to most people.

There seem to be more & more younger enthusiasts getting involved in Historic Plates, but they won't drive prices up further.

The market has stayed quite steady over the last few years, and I don't see it changing too much in the near future.

Did you go to the auction last night?

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
So, has anyone got the results of all lots from last nights auction?

Online TomE

Did you go to the auction last night?

Nope. Not enough time on my hands.

Is this a new website or redesign of an old one?http://www.numberplates.com.au/index.php
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "