Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Last night I saw NVMYCAR on a white Hyundai i20/i30  :doh:
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Last night I saw NVMYCAR on a white Hyundai i20/i30  :doh:

I remember many moons ago pulling up in mhh's Gallardo next to some bogan thing with [ NVTHIS ] or something. :o

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Scott I saw a WA plate in Melbourne today,  A 0013

Is that some form of special plate?  Do you know the history of this series.  Just a regular plate but I thought it was interesting.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Scott I saw a WA plate in Melbourne today,  A 0013

Is that some form of special plate?  Do you know the history of this series.  Just a regular plate but I thought it was interesting.
I'm not too sure on WA plates unfortunately, but it could be either a custom or special series plate.
I'll see if I can find anything out about it :)

Offline samboss77777

i have old wa bike plate that use to belong to my father VP.3 (white on black). I know nothing about vintage plates and was wondering if any body new the legallity of owning it as it hasnt been used for over 40 years now. I guess i was also wondering if it would hold any value. many thanks sam

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
i have old wa bike plate that use to belong to my father VP.3 (white on black). I know nothing about vintage plates and was wondering if any body new the legallity of owning it as it hasnt been used for over 40 years now. I guess i was also wondering if it would hold any value. many thanks sam
The way it works in NSW is that you need to pay an annual fee to hold plates.
In qld, tas you buy plates and store them yourself, no annual fee to hold.
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline westralia

Nice pick up mate......well done :thumbsup:

Could you explain a little on the history that these plates have? What date was WA "1" released & what number were they discontinued at etc. If known.

I was told that your numerical number plates were first released in 1985 as numeric custom plates & this was told to me by your transport department in WA :confused: I was curious about the history of these plates when number "1" & "7" came up for sale a while back.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Hi Scott, a little late in the discussion, I know, I believe WA number 1 was originally issued in 1906 to Dr. William Birmingham of Fremantle. Here is pic of him below.
So M308 has been given dodgy info about not being any history of WA numeric plates.
I am not sure when numeric only finished in WA, but my father had 486 well into the nineteen sixties. This was unusual though and I asked my father the other day about it, and he reported the previous owner of the 1948 Holden had some special dispensation to continue with the plate.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Hi Scott, a little late in the discussion, I know, I believe WA number 1 was originally issued in 1906 to Dr. William Birmingham of Fremantle. Here is pic of him below.
So M308 has been given dodgy info about not being any history of WA numeric plates.
I am not sure when numeric only finished in WA, but my father had 486 well into the nineteen sixties. This was unusual though and I asked my father the other day about it, and he reported the previous owner of the 1948 Holden had some special dispensation to continue with the plate.

Interesting stuff.  1906 was also the year that the first number plates where issued in SA.

Recently, the long term owner of SA 2 paid market price to get the rights to the plates.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Did it go to an open market???

No. The plate holder sued the Registrar who was then required to sell it to him - for market price, not the price he was hoping to pay.