Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
Good morning historic plate enthusiasts,

The first phase upgrade to www.historicplates.com.au is underway with new, archive and rare material being added daily.

The lot list for The Great Plate Auction 2011 is growing daily too, with two new plates to be added in the coming days and several other low, desirable & brilliant plates close to being announced. Stay tuned.

Of interest to plate enthusiasts is The SA Historic Plate Register Project, where we have documented the history and whereabouts of the first thirty historic plates in South Australia, with the aim of the Project to publish plate histories for all low SA Historic Plates using our extensive archive of SA plate information and history. Of interest will be the documented histories of the rare and elusive SA single digit plates. We’re rightly proud of this Project and look forward to presenting more rare and interesting information from our archives and contacts, the likes of which no one but www.historicplates.com.au has access to.

For the first time ever the history of SA1 has been published, with particular focus on this plate and the lowest SA numberplates in circulation. We think it makes interesting reading.

Finally enjoy our “sold” list, and see that no one else in SA has sold more low or notable plates than us. Greetings too to all our past and current clients.

So, I have much more to come; do enjoy your time spent on our new site.

www.historicplates.com.au – your #1 name in SA Historic Plate sales, history and expertise.

Stewart Kay
Proprietor

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.

Site upgrade with added info in The SA Historic Plate Register Project pt 2, covering the two digits SA"31" through to "50". I've some extra pics to add here too.

www.historicplates.com.au

Keep an eye out, more information, images and data is to be added to the site shortly.

Cheers

Stewart.
Proprietor
SA's No1 site for SA Historic Plates, est 1989

Online TomE

Do the "rights" attract more $$$ if so they are selling the original pressed plate aswell?

Can these plates be put on a Post 1996 car or do new ones have to be issued by Transport SA?

Cheers

Tom
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline 1st

Do the "rights" attract more $$$ if so they are selling the original pressed plate aswell?

Can these plates be put on a Post 1996 car or do new ones have to be issued by Transport SA?

Cheers

Tom

Tom,

Your question fired me up to add much more detail to my page on SA historic plate manufacture, go to:

http://historicplates.com.au/historic-plate-manufacture

There's a picture there too of a full set of historic plates with plastic folder and paperwork, just as you would have received if you were a winning bidder at the 1985 auction. In my experience it is very rare today to find a full set like this, you'd be suprised how many original 1985 owners have misplaced their original documents and plates in the past 25 years!

The rights themselves are the holder of the plate's value, an original set of enamel or period plates is a bonus. However, all things being equal if a set had vintage, period & original plates then to a collector, car restorer or plate enthusiast the original plates would make any given set worth a premium.

The flat, 1985 Great Plate Auction enamel plates can no longer be procured, so we always attach some extra kudos to a set of plates with these original, heavy and near indestructible plates.

In terms of using "old" plates on a "new" car, this would be possible if the plates can be proven to have been originally issued by the SA Registration authorities, are in good, clear condition and are of a minimum font size per the current plates. Shoot me a PM with a pic and I can take a look and advise if you'd like. Of course, over zealous policing could always find you pulled over......making "new" ones a safer bet.

Cheers

Stewart.
Proprietor
SA's No1 site for SA Historic Plates, est 1989

Offline 1st

Evening plate enthusiasts,

I'm pleased to advise the SA Historic Plate Register Project on the site has been updated to include the remaining 2-digit Historics not covered in earlier updates.

This research and the published material covers the known histories of the 2-digit plates SA "71" through to SA "99".

See it here:

http://www.historicplates.com.au/sa-71-sa-99-two-digit-historic-plates-sa-historic-plates-register-project-part-v

As we build on the success of The Great Plate Auction 2011 & continue to drive the SA numberplate market, Historic Plate SA "1750" was listed last Wednesday & sold within a few hours of our e-mailout, and today SA "7502" has been placed on hold by a client new to historicplates.com.au.

In other historicplate.com.au news, a new special S series plate that originally graced the 1979 Repco Reliability Trial, Porsche Factory entered 911 Carrera has been added to the site, as have some additional Spotted Pictures.

We require good, low Historic Plates urgently for waiting clients; if you've been considering selling  there has never been a better time to realise your investment or upgrade your plate.

Cheers

Stewart.
Proprietor
SA's No1 dealers in SA Historic Plates, est 1989