Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
The old man should have dumped him in it. The kid needed a big kick in the arse and now he will take his father with him.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The old man should have dumped him in it. The kid needed a big kick in the arse and now he will take his father with him.

Ive scanned through the Fin Review story and the complicated set up involved but it doesn't explain how these people expected to get away with it. If it was a crime gang who took the money and disappeared I can understand it but this kid was smart enough to pull the job off but didn't try to hide his sudden wealth and cover his tracks?

Money was missing and it was sitting there in broad daylight for everyone to see.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Ive scanned through the Fin Review story and the complicated set up involved but it doesn't explain how these people expected to get away with it. If it was a crime gang who took the money and disappeared I can understand it but this kid was smart enough to pull the job off but didn't try to hide his sudden wealth and cover his tracks?

Money was missing and it was sitting there in broad daylight for everyone to see.

There was an article somewhere along of the lines of pay the ato 60% to keep them at bay then eventually skip the country. The problem was there were too many hands doing the skimming that the ato didn't get the ato and some contractors didn't get paid. Red flags started going up last December.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Good thing they used some of the proceeds to purchase property in Sydney. The ATO might be able to recover a decent amount given the crazy prices.

Offline Trainwrex

• Drives: Challenge stradale, LP640
Have they documented how much was taken and recovered by the ATO (i.e is the 165m what has been taken or what has been recovered?

Online TomE

Here is the whirlpool thread.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2335935

Goes through the stages; 2014 launch (come to our event and meet "Miss World"), Contractors questioning the company's business model. Plutus Staff (now facing charges) posting that they are legit, non payment and then the ATO story breaking.

"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Online TomE

Have they documented how much was taken and recovered by the ATO (i.e is the 165m what has been taken or what has been recovered?

$165m is apparently the amount unpaid to the ATO.

Pretty hard to recover money from strippers and race car operations....
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Goes through the stages; 2014 launch (come to our event and meet "Miss World"), Contractors questioning the company's business model. Plutus Staff (now facing charges) posting that they are legit, non payment and then the ATO story breaking.
WASF

Offline Trainwrex

• Drives: Challenge stradale, LP640

Interesting read thanks for the link

Online TomE

Pretty sure you will still be on the hook for any underpayment.

Still no confirmation from the ATO.

AFR story today indicates that the Employers may potentially being liable for the missing tax. So some contracting firms and recruitment agencies may be on the hook.

http://www.afr.com/business/legal/employers-who-used-plutus-payroll-could-be-liable-for-tax-20170522-gwa2ke

It then gets complicated because in many cases the contractors themselves instructed their employer to engage with Plutus Payroll for their payroll processing (Because of the 0% fees or getting to meet Miss World). The Employer may hold the employee liable for the funds being sought by the ATO from them, and seek reimbursement.

In my wife's case Plutus were one of the companies recommended by the contracting company that she should use when she signed up on a project with them (and probably received a kick back for the referral).