Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

OK, what the hell is going on???
Went to a major hardware warehouse shop thing yesterday to buy the wife her X-mas present.
Anyway, they did not have any of these item in stock and it is not exactly a small item, and the new stock was not due until after X-mas.
Not a problem, a large chain of shops like this has stores all over Australia so they should be able to get one from another shop, right??.

Now this is the unbelievable part. They told me that they "could" get one from another store but it was going to take several weeks???????
Several weeks to have one of these items transferred from a shop 1-1/2 hours away???????????
I asked why, didn't get much of an answer, something along the lines that there is paperwork to do and arranging transport, etc, etc.

I just don't get it, I can have an emergency 4 meter satellite dish delivered to Cape York in 3 days???????? So what's so hard about this????
We can go on eBay and purchase something 1/2 way around the world and have it on the door step a week later(well sometimes).
I can raise a purchase order with a company thru work electronically and have it sent, processed and returned in under an hour.
So I do understand why this is so hard??   :irked:

Anyhoo, jumped into the Ute and a 3 hour round trip later it's sitting under the tree(well sort of).

Ah, maybe I have a big S on my head, for sucker???

* shaking head  *

Offline dkabab

what was it you were after.... i work for a large industrial supplier like a bunnings for the industry.
the reason they would have mentioned it would take so long is because the guy/girl you were speaking too couldnt be arsed organising it.

on the x-mas rant.... i am sick of people in shopping centres who cant walk!!!! they stop all over the place, have no idea where they are going etc... frustrates the hell out of me

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

what was it you were after.... i work for a large industrial supplier like a bunnings for the industry.
the reason they would have mentioned it would take so long is because the guy/girl you were speaking too couldnt be arsed organising it.

on the x-mas rant.... i am sick of people in shopping centres who cant walk!!!! they stop all over the place, have no idea where they are going etc... frustrates the hell out of me

It was a Garden swing seat :p - a heavy duty job, not the normal tacky rubbish that you see around in most of the K-marts, etc, etc.
I spoke to the department head, and she was very helpful but she still couldn't may anything happen very quickly. Even spent a bit of time on the phone trying to arrange something.

Anyhow, jobs done.

And as for people in shopping centers -  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
OMG - I think when people go out X-mas shopping, it causes them to become instantly retarded.
And other really annoying thing is peoples lack of respect for personal space -  :gnasher:

Expect for the young lady in the sports skirt who bent over in front of me to look at something.   :mischief:

*  Ouch - getting slapped here   *

Offline dkabab

lol. i hate shopping at the best of times... but xmas time is a whole nother level.
when im shopping its speed walking, straight to the shop and out... i think they should impliment a walking licence

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
lol. i hate shopping at the best of times... but xmas time is a whole nother level.
when im shopping its speed walking, straight to the shop and out... i think they should impliment a walking licence

i don't buy presents. that's just one of many advantages of having no friends or family.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

i don't buy presents. that's just one of many advantages of having no friends or family.

What?? you didn't get me a present????

I got you one.     :mischief:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
What?? you didn't get me a present????

I got you one.     :mischief:

you're the exception, of course.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Christmas shopping is best done Christmas eve, when the only people in the shops are the other smart guys. :thumbsup:

Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

Or in Duty Free on the way through Hong Kong 2 days before xmas... :D

Shopping here is an absolute nightmare at any time (don't even bother with Oxford/regent/bond streets) Let alone at christmas. I dont get it how people can be so inept at purchasing something then fucking off out of everyones way... GRRRRRRR...
Cheers>>Jack

If you're not wasted, the day is.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I get hopelessly lost in shopping centres.

I have NFI which level I parked the car on, and I have no idea how to get there even if I did know.

I shop like ninja...

:darkside: