Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

My Partners daughter just turned 16 and she's keen on getting on the road.  Can anyone thats been through getting a child driving give me a recommendation for a driving school.  Female instructor preferably

Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James
Driver Dynamics come over quite regularly - I'll find out next dates...

Offline TomE

Maybe not what you are looking for but ithought I should post anyway.

Friends put their 14 YO though it and said it was brillant:

http://cams.com.au/Development/Sport_And_Club_Development/CAMS_Ignition_Program.aspx

The CAMS IGNITION Program aims to:
Target pre-learner drivers, learner drivers and early P-Plate drivers the most vulnerable group on Australian roads.
Provide an opportunity for communities to work with CAMS and our 400 car clubs across Australia.
Redirect youth desire for fun in vehicles towards motoring activities including motor sport in a safe and controlled environment.
Promote socially responsible driving and vehicle use on the road.
Take advantage of the interest and enthusiasm that young people have in motor vehicles and driving.
Enhance club related road safety activities through a balance of driver education theory and knowledge transfer.
Encourage youth and parents to participate in discussion on such issues as youth driving statistics, social behaviour related to driving and culture associated with driving.
Engage the community, its leaders, parents, businesses, police and other agencies, in CAMS Car Club activities targeting young drivers.
Utilise high profile motor sport personalities as IGNITION ambassadors.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Driver Dynamics come over quite regularly - I'll find out next dates...

thanks for that, but I'm more after someone to teach a young girl to drive so she can get off her "L's"

having said that, I will get her to do some advanced driver training

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

My Partners daughter just turned 16 and she's keen on getting on the road.  Can anyone thats been through getting a child driving give me a recommendation for a driving school.  Female instructor preferably

The ones we used were nothing special. First a bloke in thongs and trackies, then a girl who arrived early and turned the meter on before the agreed start time. The standard isn't that high obviously.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

The ones we used were nothing special. First a bloke in thongs and trackies, then a girl who arrived early and turned the meter on before the agreed start time. The standard isn't that high obviously.

I figured that standard would be quite average.  The father of an ex-gf of mine ran a driving school and would have been a great teacher but he has recently moved to Queensland, so just thought I'd try some word of mouth recommendations before I let my fingers do the walking with the yellow pages

Offline dkabab

Don't think I've ever seen you wear thongs....

Offline M308

• Degranged

Don't think I've ever seen you wear thongs....

Now that would be a sight to see :eek: :p

Offline CortinaD

The guy I had was excellent. Gary Wellman from All Pass at Wynn Vale. I called them just then but e has moved on.

He even drove me to rego department afterwards and waited for me to get my papers!!

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

The guy I had was excellent. Gary Wellman from All Pass at Wynn Vale. I called them just then but e has moved on.

He even drove me to rego department afterwards and waited for me to get my papers!!

Lol, that's who I was talking about earlier. I used to go out with Gary's daughter. He's up in Qld now.