Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

what an amazing grand final, but i think they should have had extra time

I think they will after this :rolleyes:

Offline MC

• nee SydneySpotter

• Name: Marcus
what an amazing grand final, but i think they should have had extra time
Yeah, I agree. Both teams are excellent. Go the Saints for next week.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I don't think they should, the players are all exhausted after running around for at least 3-4 hours that day (let alone the cramming of training leading up to the final day). Lets say they throw on another 25 minutes to break the deadlock, i'm almost certain it would be a shit final 25 minutes to watch, the grandfinal will come down to luck more than skill.

Not to mention the tradition of it. Sure NRL and Soccer can have extra time added on because their games rarely go much over 90 minutes. AFL has a minimum of 100 minutes of play, usually each quarter now days goes for about 30 minutes because of the goals, throw inns, free kicks ect... that bring a game up to 120minutes of play and it isn't very rare to have the odd quarter going for 35 minutes in total length.

Sure you can say then it benefits the team that is most fit, but really these are pro athletes that train 5 times a week, their endurance as a whole will mostlikely be the same as another team. Only thing is there will be much more sloppy play, you might as well go watch an Auskick game if you want to see sloppy half harted play.

My 2c, end of my essay lol
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I guess you've got a point, not only that but there is hardly ever a draw so if there is there might as well be a rematch.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
WTF? Man-cuddle sports in an exotic spotted thread? :doh:

*split n move*

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
this is very annoying
I have to be in Melbourne next weekend for an unrelated reason
I normally book accommodation at the last minute through wotif, as I never seem to know how many nights I am going to be somewhere

and despite racing to the computer to book asap once the game was finished, im paying double what I normally would, all the rooms were dissapearing from the site as I was trying to book, I suspect travel agents were snapping them up or the hotels themselves were pulling them from the site

at least thats my theory

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
WTF? Man-cuddle sports in an exotic spotted thread? :doh:

*split n move*

and an extra week of it....

ipod will be up at super ear exploding volumes this week to drown out the constant football chatter that will no doubt follow this weekend and in regards to next weekend

:banghead:
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline fivesix

I don't think they should, the players are all exhausted after running around for at least 3-4 hours that day (let alone the cramming of training leading up to the final day). Lets say they throw on another 25 minutes to break the deadlock, i'm almost certain it would be a shit final 25 minutes to watch, the grandfinal will come down to luck more than skill.

Not to mention the tradition of it. Sure NRL and Soccer can have extra time added on because their games rarely go much over 90 minutes. AFL has a minimum of 100 minutes of play, usually each quarter now days goes for about 30 minutes because of the goals, throw inns, free kicks ect... that bring a game up to 120minutes of play and it isn't very rare to have the odd quarter going for 35 minutes in total length.

Sure you can say then it benefits the team that is most fit, but really these are pro athletes that train 5 times a week, their endurance as a whole will mostlikely be the same as another team. Only thing is there will be much more sloppy play, you might as well go watch an Auskick game if you want to see sloppy half harted play.

My 2c, end of my essay lol

Well said. You go out and give everything for two hours.

An extra quarter at the end of a GF would be hell....