Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Nixon's licence revoked for two years

Disgraced player agent Ricky Nixon has had his licence revoked for a minimum of two years by the AFL Players Association's agent accreditation board.

An investigation ordered by the Association found Nixon had brought himself into disrepute over his dealings with a 17-year-old girl at the centre of the St Kilda nude photo scandal.

The Association says Nixon breached regulations by becoming involved with the teenager.

"Ricky Nixon has been an AFL player agent for over 15 years," Association chariman Ian Prendergast said.

"He has been an innovator in the industry and has contributed much to the promotion of player rights and interests throughout this time.

"However the Board has found today that Ricky has in recent times made serious errors of judgment which warrant a serious response."

Nixon has been barred from applying for a player-manager licence for a minimum of two years.

Nixon's lawyers say the penalty is excessive and does not take into account his contribution to the AFL.

"(Nixon) is not surprised but is greatly disappointed by the decision as he believes the board's process and investigation of this matter has been completely flawed," Nixon's legal team said in a statement.

"Mr Nixon is presently consulting his advisors in relation to any appeal that may be made.

"Our client is of the view that he has always acted in the best interests of the players he represents and has done so to the best of his abilities."

Nixon has two weeks to lodge an appeal.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said the league accepted the board's finding.

"The AFL has said from the outset that this is a very serious matter and Mr Nixon's actions were inappropriate and totally unacceptable," he said.

"The most important thing in all of this is the welfare of the young girl involved.

"From the moment she first came to our attention in May last year, we have offered her support and assistance and that offer remains should she wish to accept it."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/24/3172903.htm

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I heard someone put $1M on Geelong to beat Essendon this weekend.

A sure thing really.

Geelong hadn't lost a game and Essendon were in a slump -

Essendom won by 4 points :doh:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

From the Betfair site - famous last words.

Essendon have lost five games in a row, and last week's 65-point defeat to the Hawks was an abject display.

Sometimes you get a weekend that throws up some easy money.

The Cats are virtual certainties and can be backed at 1.11, the Bombers being 9.2 in match odds betting.

http://betting.betfair.com.au/afl-betting/afl-fixture/geelong-v-essendon-010711.html

Offline TomE

Crows start in an hour.

Adelaide Hills should be nice and quiet this afternoon

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Crows start in an hour.

Adelaide Hills should be nice and quiet this afternoon

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Motorbikes everywhere - slowed me up no end on the way to Lobethal.

Offline TomE

Belair Road
Sheoak Rd
Mt Lofty Scenic
Wods Hill
Stony Rise Rd
Marble Hill Rd
Montacute Rd
Corkscrew Rd
Gorge Rd

Not one car, motorbike, tractor or cyclist  :thumbsup:

Did have to avoid sheep and a Kangaroo on Marble Hill

Carn Crows!

"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Did you drive that last month?

Offline TomE

Did you drive that last month?

Didn't have a red NSX holding me up today!

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

I parked on Sheoak Road and went for a hike in Belair National Park today. What time did you drive past?

Spotted around 18 free range Koalas. What is the bag limit for Koalas?

Offline TomE

I parked on Sheoak Road and went for a hike in Belair National Park today. What time did you drive past?

4.30 ish...

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast mhh Today at 01:02
[ Lamborghini ] Huracan Performante amgsl55 Yesterday at 21:18
[ Lamborghini ] The cool Lamborghini photo thread andecorp Yesterday at 20:48
[ Gadgets and Technology ] Apple iPhone S4Simon Yesterday at 20:47
[ Cars ] Spotted thread TJB Yesterday at 13:53
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate Joey Yesterday at 13:02
[ McLaren ] McLaren 720S psw Tue, 27 Jun, 2017 - 21:52