Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

It gets even better, the grand idea of offering the builders other projects in place of the contract is in a hole (pun intended). Its been pointed out to them by the corruption watchdog, that any work the government offers in lue, has to go to public tender or it will be subject to a corruption investigation. (Cant find the link, but Ill update this if I can)

I've got a friend (yes I have those :) ) who works for a large construction company.  Anyhoo, apparently the East West Link was with Lend Lease and they are with the AWU or some other union.  Not the CFMEU!!!!  Dan the Man is heavily linked to the CFMEU.

IT's plain silly to rip up the contract.  And he reckons in 8 years he'll remove 50 level crossings.  Thats an average of 6 a year.  He's dreaming.  Imagine the chaos with 6 major intersections using buses to move people.  Seriously Labor never think before they say anything.  Know I deer!!

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I've got a friend (yes I have those :) ) who works for a large construction company.  Anyhoo, apparently the East West Link was with Lend Lease and they are with the AWU or some other union.  Not the CFMEU!!!!  Dan the Man is heavily linked to the CFMEU.

IT's plain silly to rip up the contract.  And he reckons in 8 years he'll remove 50 level crossings.  Thats an average of 6 a year.  He's dreaming.  Imagine the chaos with 6 major intersections using buses to move people.  Seriously Labor never think before they say anything.  Know I deer!!
so you voted for Dan?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Andrews has never had a job, was always in the Union movement since Uni

Another useless waste of space.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

lol
you know , I don't dislike you ......but I don't laugh with you ..... but at you.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
OK i fly into Sunshine coast most times the odd flight into Brisbane if where going straight to Warwick or QR.

gotcha,

I thought you mentioned something about southport.

Offline app

50% of the population get some sort of taxpayer funded handout. That's insane!
It's getting close to one taxpayer per welfare recipient.

Was that on the website?

I can't remember where I read it but IIRC it was that there are just as many people in the workforce as there are people receiving at least some form of a welfare handout.  That's an alarming ratio that will only get worse as more baby boomers enter retirement.

The thing that thoroughly annoys me in this country is that both major parties don't reduce tax and and we are taxed on the most stupid areas - stamp duty, payroll etc.  It'll only get worse, they'll get to the point where they tax the big low-taxed source of income - super, it's only a matter of time.

They need to get tough on welfare payments.  What should the real number be - say 20% rather than 50%?  Welfare for those with disabilities, those who are genuinely struggling to get employment and pensioners I agree on.  But they need to toughen up on those deliberately rorting unemployment benefits, welfare to members of middle class families, and reduce the number of people relying on pensions.  I actually hear stories of working people planning to rely on the pension despite how low paid it is. 

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

gotcha,

I thought you mentioned something about southport.
Yep was there twice last year at the CYC.

Went up the coast twice on a friends Riv 57 from the CYC

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
you know , I don't dislike you ......but I don't laugh with you ..... but at you.

ummm....well...thanks, I guess.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Was that on the website?

I can't remember where I read it but IIRC it was that there are just as many people in the workforce as there are people receiving at least some form of a welfare handout.  That's an alarming ratio that will only get worse as more baby boomers enter retirement.

The thing that thoroughly annoys me in this country is that both major parties don't reduce tax and and we are taxed on the most stupid areas - stamp duty, payroll etc.  It'll only get worse, they'll get to the point where they tax the big low-taxed source of income - super, it's only a matter of time.

They need to get tough on welfare payments.  What should the real number be - say 20% rather than 50%?  Welfare for those with disabilities, those who are genuinely struggling to get employment and pensioners I agree on.  But they need to toughen up on those deliberately rorting unemployment benefits, welfare to members of middle class families, and reduce the number of people relying on pensions.  I actually hear stories of working people planning to rely on the pension despite how low paid it is.

Ooops brain fart, you're correct. Getting my numbers mixed up there :p

http://insidestory.org.au/is-australias-welfare-system-unsustainable