Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Haha, and if I can add slightly more to that...

If you ever wanted to know the biochemistry of alcohol, I've got a decent series of posts outlining much of the science behind it - kinda boring unless you're a biology nerd:

http://highsteaks.com/forum/health-nutrition-and-science/alcohol-and-nutrition-90.0.html

:drink:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Oh, and as an aside this was a hilariously ridiculous coincidence... I'd just posted a tweet thing which referred to something from ages ago, a friend asked how the hell I could remember stuff like that and so I responded with the Buffalo Theory of Cliff Clavin from Cheers:

She responded "Unbelievable, I just got Clavin'd".

Then a couple days later - a guy we hadn't really heard of for a couple decades - he does an AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit and mentions that the Buffalo Theory was his favourite random fact ever.

Anyhoo, drink up! :D

https://twitter.com/AshSimmonds/status/400220248470589440

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Drinking more wine less spirits, might be a good move except it's very moreish and I'm inclined to partake daily instead of twice weekly.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Drinking more wine less spirits, might be a good move except it's very moreish and I'm inclined to partake daily instead of twice weekly.

Daily wine in moderate doses is *probably* better than "twice" weekly hardcore on spirits.

I've got tons of science shit that I read and archive, but for now - anecdotetown...

Wine (especially red) provides a mellow effect along with the normal inebriation, and it increases your appreciation for the small things (like your penis) such as food and music and beauty. Alcohol in general does this, sure, and inhibitions are quelled and all that too - but something about wine sensitises the "happiness" receptors.

Of course a lot of this is determined by mood at inception. Introspection and evaluation are fairly universal outcomes, but if there's bad shit on your mind at the time it's a fork in the road when you pour that first wine - do you slug back a few and dwell on what's going on; or sit back and enjoy everything else that's going on in life?

If I had to choose between a bottle of wine a night or getting nuked every weekend, I'd choose wine.

(even though it has some residual sugar :p )

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Daily wine in moderate doses is *probably* better than "twice" weekly hardcore on spirits.

I've got tons of science shit that I read and archive, but for now - anecdotetown...
Wine (especially red) provides a mellow effect along with the normal inebriation, and it increases your appreciation for the small things (like your penis) such as food and music and beauty. Alcohol in general does this, sure, and inhibitions are quelled and all that too - but something about wine sensitises the "happiness" receptors.
Of course a lot of this is determined by mood at inception. Introspection and evaluation are fairly universal outcomes, but if there's bad shit on your mind at the time it's a fork in the road when you pour that first wine - do you slug back a few and dwell on what's going on; or sit back and enjoy everything else that's going on in life?
If I had to choose between a bottle of wine a night or getting nuked every weekend, I'd choose wine.
(even though it has some residual sugar :p )

What is a moderate dose ?
One bottle ?

I wasn't going to have any tonight but you've inspired me.

Spirits are too heavy unless you restrict yourself to a few, HA as if that's going to happen.

Found a couple of bottles I never knew I had while dusting off the rack, Penfolds St Henri and Bin 389

I think you can find enough enjoyment in a $15 bottle......

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

OK, let's have a poll.  How many standard drinks did you have in the past 7 days?  Dodger, you go first. 

Offline Joel

2 beers tonight with the father in law. First in 3 weeks

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

here's me.

last 7 days.

14 standard glasses of alcohol apple cider .
350ml approx of Grand marnier (blue)
7 glasses of red wine
5 glasses of Champagne.