Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Bit of a blast from the past, but I figured if anyone would have an answer to this question it would be you guys.

I'm looking for a car turntable in Sydney to use for some photography work on an ongoing basis. We want to stitch together 360 degree virtual tours of cars and to do that we need a turntable.

Hoping someone may have one tucked away in a warehouse that we might be able to use from time to time? Happy to pay a fee. Needs to be in Sydney, preferably around Parramatta.

In case anyone was wondering, I shut Carmooch down a few years ago. Since then, DriveTribe, CarThrottle and Lovecars have popped up so I don't feel so crazy anymore for having tried for all those years. CarAdvice sold to Nine Co for $35M so kicking myself that I never locked down any equity. But I'm still at it and have recently joined a great startup in the automotive space.

Offline hydie

Bit of a blast from the past, but I figured if anyone would have an answer to this question it would be you guys.

I'm looking for a car turntable in Sydney to use for some photography work on an ongoing basis. We want to stitch together 360 degree virtual tours of cars and to do that we need a turntable.

Hoping someone may have one tucked away in a warehouse that we might be able to use from time to time? Happy to pay a fee. Needs to be in Sydney, preferably around Parramatta.

In case anyone was wondering, I shut Carmooch down a few years ago. Since then, DriveTribe, CarThrottle and Lovecars have popped up so I don't feel so crazy anymore for having tried for all those years. CarAdvice sold to Nine Co for $35M so kicking myself that I never locked down any equity. But I'm still at it and have recently joined a great startup in the automotive space.
Jump on Carsales and look at vehicle dealerships that are showcasing their vehicles on them.

For example, Carnet Auctions - http://www.carnetauctionssmithfield.com.au/car-details.aspx?sitekey=CSS&MTA=137206&/08-AUDI-A3-SPORTBACK-2.0-TDI-AMBITION-8P-WHITE-6-SP-AUTO-DIRECT-SHI-5D-HATCHBACK&affiliate_Id=0001&utm_source=1000&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=LotlinxAU

I'll have one in Newcastle by September if that helps.

Offline carmooch

Thanks Chris, but we are a dealership ourselves so that pretty much rules out borrowing another dealership's turntable.

I'm hoping someone might have a warehouse nearby with a car/truck turntable that could work?

Offline hydie

Thanks Chris, but we are a dealership ourselves so that pretty much rules out borrowing another dealership's turntable.

I'm hoping someone might have a warehouse nearby with a car/truck turntable that could work?
I see alot of similarities with Carvana in the US?

Offline carmooch

Yep, same business model. Carvana just IPO'd with a valuation of $2bn which is not too shabby.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
It must have been hard shutting Carmooch down given how much work you put into it. I know how much cash these startups burn, without funding it's an uphill battle. All the best with the new project.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Mooch, welcome back.

How much is a turntable?

I have a 235m2 warehouse at Kingswood (30mins from Parra) sitting doing f*ck all apart from overflow car storage.

Has a raised Mezz as well so would be easy to take shots from the top  :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline carmooch

It must have been hard shutting Carmooch down given how much work you put into it. I know how much cash these startups burn, without funding it's an uphill battle. All the best with the new project.
It was tough, but at least I won't die wondering. Applied for funding from the NRMA and made it into the top four, but ultimately it landed in the too hard basket for them as well so decided to shut it down after that.

Mooch, welcome back.

How much is a turntable?

I have a 235m2 warehouse at Kingswood (30mins from Parra) sitting doing f*ck all apart from overflow car storage.

Has a raised Mezz as well so would be easy to take shots from the top  :)
Thanks! I'll bring it up with the other guys and see what their thoughts are. We priced one up at about $20k which the Directors were keen on, we are just short on space at the moment. Have already outgrown our current premises.

Offline TTz

• Mr ViolaSE30

Yep... Got one that may suit...
PM mobile
It has LED's around the edge, Big Lambo logo on it.

Offline carmooch

Yep... Got one that may suit...
PM mobile
It has LED's around the edge, Big Lambo logo on it.
PM sent!