Offline tdc911

Good luck with this, I am really interested to see how it goes. Personally I can't imagine anyone purchasing a used car without being able to see it or drive it beforehand.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Good luck with this, I am really interested to see how it goes. Personally I can't imagine anyone purchasing a used car without being able to see it or drive it beforehand.

I did with my 911 turbo, I had driven a manual version of a friends and I had had a 911 tip before so knew the gearbox.

I had an inspection done and transferred the cash. Car came through as described, actually slightly better condition that the photos showed.

First time I laid eyes on the car was at the trucking depot where I picked it up

Offline tdc911

I did with my 911 turbo, I had driven a manual version of a friends and I had had a 911 tip before so knew the gearbox.

I had an inspection done and transferred the cash. Car came through as described, actually slightly better condition that the photos showed.

First time I laid eyes on the car was at the trucking depot where I picked it up

I must just be really old fashioned.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
I also bought my 993TT without a drive. I just had a PPI done and all the records checked.

Offline tdc911

I also bought my 993TT without a drive. I just had a PPI done and all the records checked.

I think you are supposed to rely on their inspections, from my interpretation an independent PPI is not available.
I just find it strange that you are refused from inspecting the car prior to purchase, just a concept I am having trouble grasping.

Online TomE

NewsCorp did an article on HelloCars today. Effectively a start up online used car buying site.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/small-business/hellocars-is-taking-used-car-salesmen-for-a-ride/news-story/4c981dfa888c04f995e97729aeda02c0

For those who don't know NewsCorp take an equity stake in start ups then give them dollar value in free advertising across the whole business (including news article  :irked: ). They have an entire team responsible for placing advertising for companies they have an interest in.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Ballsy man

I'd have it inspected by someone with mechanical knowledge and drive/assess it myself as well.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

I have when the car was overseas; but I wouldn't if it was local.

Offline tdc911

I have when the car was overseas; but I wouldn't if it was local.

My comment about not being able to see the car wasn't about the buyer not inspecting the car, it was more about the seller not allowing the buyer to see the used car pre-purchase.

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Thanks! It's certainly a major hurdle, but I'm sure people thought it was crazy to rent out your home to strangers (Airbnb) or use your own car to provide a taxi service (Uber). Ultimately our goal is to sell cars without the traditional test drive (we will always offer a 7-day money back guarantee), however you can request a 'Valet Test Drive' of any vehicle and we will drive the car out to you for a 30 minute test drive. It costs $49 to weed out tyre-kickers but this is refundable on the purchase of the vehicle.

Obviously this doesn't scale well when you are a national company so it's something we are using to bridge the gap currently. Along with offering a completely online model, our goal is also to eliminate location as a factor when purchasing a used car. We want to open up the market to make purchasing a used car from any state simple and hassle-free. If it's not the right car, just return it for a full refund - no catches.

NewsCorp did an article on HelloCars today. Effectively a start up online used car buying site.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/small-business/hellocars-is-taking-used-car-salesmen-for-a-ride/news-story/4c981dfa888c04f995e97729aeda02c0

For those who don't know NewsCorp take an equity stake in start ups then give them dollar value in free advertising across the whole business (including news article  :irked: ). They have an entire team responsible for placing advertising for companies they have an interest in.
We seriously couldn't have asked for a better article - our traffic has been going crazy! For the record we didn't pay a cent for the article nor does News Limited (or any other company for that matter) have a stake in the business.