Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
Was talking with an old golfing buddy last night been > 3 years since i last had a round :eek:

I played my first in about 18 months on Saturday.

It wasn't great :(

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
I played my first in about 18 months on Saturday.

It wasn't great :(

I wasn't very good when playing every week would hate to think of what I'm like now.
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline Steve.

I wasn't very good when playing every week would hate to think of what I'm like now.

I used to be alright - A grade pennants - but stopped playing when I busted my shoulder. I had surgery last May and then disappeared overseas for nine months...!

Now that I'm back home and my shoulder is much less busted, I want this to be the year of golf. I want my old handicap  :gnasher:

Offline dkabab

I used to be alright - A grade pennants - but stopped playing when I busted my shoulder. I had surgery last May and then disappeared overseas for nine months...!

Now that I'm back home and my shoulder is much less busted, I want this to be the year of golf. I want my old handicap  :gnasher:

You went for 9 months? That went quick. Not going back?

I enjoy a round of golf, haven't played for a while though. I'm about average. Handicap would be roughly.... 15-20

Offline Steve.

You went for 9 months? That went quick. Not going back?

I enjoy a round of golf, haven't played for a while though. I'm about average. Handicap would be roughly.... 15-20

I guess I forgot how to count - my fingers tell me that I was away for seven months :)

I'll probably head back (or somewhere else) for two or three months every August - basically to avoid hayfever season here. Christmas in Thailand is a must, too. That said, there are a few things in the pipeline that may mean I have to stay here this year. We'll see.

Offline app

I'm about average. Handicap would be roughly.... 15-20

15 handicap is certainly not average. Even regular players struggle to get it that low...

Offline dkabab

15 handicap is certainly not average. Even regular players struggle to get it that low...

15 is on a good day, usually more like 20. My putting lets me down. And many fairway shots, but give me a par 5 and my driver and I'm there. I can drive over 300yrds.

Offline app

Looking at getting some new clubs and searching the net, havent really found a good site that sells clubs and accessories. Anyone have any?

Unless you know what you're after, I wouldn't go online to save a buck. Instead, I recommend going to a store like Drummond and basically asking them what you should get based on your background, i.e. handicap, what you're looking for in your game etc.

They can do a fitting and recommend a range of clubs. That way you can walk away knowing you bought something based on picking something you preferred over other clubs, advice you received etc.

I bought my last set in December that way. Great way to go. :thumbsup:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession