Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Why not write a letter seeking to clarify it then Dave?

Cc it to your boss and Gerry

Offline dkabab

Why not write a letter seeking to clarify it then Dave?

I have, well emails back and forth. I have requested the 'targets' over 10 times both verbally and via email and still have not seen them.

End of the day, if I don't get anything, so be it, but they will lose a lot of business from our store. (Top 5 seller of this brand in the country)

Online Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
I have, well emails back and forth. I have requested the 'targets' over 10 times both verbally and via email and still have not seen them.

End of the day, if I don't get anything, so be it, but they will lose a lot of business from our store. (Top 5 seller of this brand in the country)

I would send them a polite email/letter letting them know all the facts and why you believe you have met the targets and hence entitled to the prize.

Also let them know that you will not be recommending the product/brand to any customers unless the customer specifically requests that model.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Oh... I've seen this stuff about a million times on both sides of the fence as some of my prior clients were big on incentivising salespeople - as the influence on the end consumer is huge.

So Dave, I think mate that you are f*cked. If you can maintain your overall sales targets then your boss should be OK. If they suffer as you can't change customer brand loyalty, then you're going to look like you're not performing. Don't let one speedbump like this affect you professionally.

You can and should complain to the supplier rep every single time you see him - however more likely than not he's got a number of people complaining and he has no real say regardless in the actual incentive.

Remember too - it's tricky if you publicise it too far, as your reputation as an impartial expert who is looking after the customer first will be tarnished - it'd be easy to say you'll peddle whatever product kicks you back the most benefit (I'm not judging, just noting what I've sat through before).

All in all, quite a shit outcome for you to have a goal, to smash out results and to get f*cked on the back end of the deal.
C'mon, do it!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Oh... I've seen this stuff about a million times on both sides of the fence as some of my prior clients were big on incentivising salespeople - as the influence on the end consumer is huge.

So Dave, I think mate that you are f*cked. If you can maintain your overall sales targets then your boss should be OK. If they suffer as you can't change customer brand loyalty, then you're going to look like you're not performing. Don't let one speedbump like this affect you professionally.

You can and should complain to the supplier rep every single time you see him - however more likely than not he's got a number of people complaining and he has no real say regardless in the actual incentive.

Remember too - it's tricky if you publicise it too far, as your reputation as an impartial expert who is looking after the customer first will be tarnished - it'd be easy to say you'll peddle whatever product kicks you back the most benefit (I'm not judging, just noting what I've sat through before).

All in all, quite a shit outcome for you to have a goal, to smash out results and to get f*cked on the back end of the deal.

All very sound advice IMO.
The situation sucks big time Dave; but I think you need to tread a bit carefully with this.

Offline TomE

I remember you saying something about previously. Sounds like they didn't get the overall increase in sales from the campaign they needed to justify the expenditure and are back tracking.

Is you employer backing you up at all? They should be because it is in their interest to have motivated sales staff!
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Oh... I've seen this stuff about a million times....

Yep, seen it many a time as well, sales Reps with huge carrots dangled in front of them only to find it rotten when they get it......

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
Happened to me 20yrs ago company wide sales incentive overseas trip offered for 105% of budget. I just moved to Adelaide opened new state office I worked my arse off telling my then g/f we are going overseas as I ended up #1 in the country at 169% of budget. ($1.4m - back 20yrs ago)
Found out 24hrs before the end of the qualify period that my budget was combined with another product so ended up at 104%. Told I missed out with no time to address sales in the other product.
Result after flying to Melb. to state my case and discuss my disgust was back luck. I only sold $700k the next yr.
Totally F$%#$% me off as i bought a F*&^%$# big rock of a ring for my g/f and was going to propose to her while O/S.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
i bought a F*&^%$# big rock of a ring for my g/f and was going to propose to her while O/S.

You old romantic, you.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline dkabab

Thanks.

Won't effect me in any way if I don't sell their product. Haven't sold a piece since competition finished.
80% of my customers will buy what I recommend.
About 80% of the products I sold for this company were introduced to the customers, so hardly any came in asking for it.

I wasn't banking on a large lump sum, I'm more annoyed at the figure they came up with.
The prize was toted as being worth 10k per person and for 17 people.

I personally know the person who was number 1. He hadn't been offered anything in lieu I the now defunct holiday offer.