Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
I have a friend who paid for something via a bank transfer and has not received the goods.
The company is an AU registered business with ASIC, they can’t make contact with them through phone or email no rely. What are the best options legally as customer who has been ripped off for a $7k item, I think the small claims route is a bit of a paper tiger with no real power to make a seller pay back the money.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I have a friend who paid for something via a bank transfer and has not received the goods.
The company is an AU registered business with ASIC, they can’t make contact with them through phone or email no rely. What are the best options legally as customer who has been ripped off for a $7k item, I think the small claims route is a bit of a paper tiger with no real power to make a seller pay back the money.

EBay ? PayPal ?
Small claims are useless against people who just play the game.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

EBay ? PayPal ?
Small claims are useless against people who just play the game.

No I think it was a website in NSW and they paid via bank to bank funds tfr. 

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

No I think it was a website in NSW and they paid via bank to bank funds tfr.

has he/she contacted the bank in case there is any recourse through their channels?

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

has he/she contacted the bank in case there is any recourse through their channels?

Not sure will ask them see if the bank can help  :thumbsup:

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
The trade practices act was designed to protect people from this behaviour. Unfortunately the act has not kept up with technology and as such people will be stung on a more regular basis.

If possible employ a debt collection agency however this has its limitations given changes to the consumer credit act has all but nullified a company chasing a person for a debt. In this case it is the other way around.

The consumer and business affairs of the relevant state can provide support because all state and federal computers are linked. They will contact the business and find out who or what the problem is.

Does this company have a website address
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The trade practices act was designed to protect people from this behaviour. Unfortunately the act has not kept up with technology and as such people will be stung on a more regular basis.

If possible employ a debt collection agency however this has its limitations given changes to the consumer credit act has all but nullified a company chasing a person for a debt. In this case it is the other way around.

The consumer and business affairs of the relevant state can provide support because all state and federal computers are linked. They will contact the business and find out who or what the problem is.

Yes tell us more detail we may be able to flush them out.......

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

Yes they do but I will hold off on that for now I don't wish to rock the boat for my friend to hard yet, they are stressed out about losing the $$$ I would not give a shit about it and take plan B option but they don't wish to do that.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

When I had a problem like this, the QLD police have a special department that deals with online Fraud, I think they can deal with something like this.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

When I had a problem like this, the QLD police have a special department that deals with online Fraud, I think they can deal with something like this.

Nice one