0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online looney

  • Joined: Mar 2007

  • Drives: VW Beetle
well i did some hunting,

and basically the contract was in both names

and i have spoken to another PM and a solicitor about it, they basically say that all i need to do is ask them for a trust account audit & for them to send any request for money CC'd through REBA & REIWA

those two steps alone will make them wish they hadn't asked me, because apparently they are supposed to lodge the bond within 7 days or face a penalty, and are supposed to do trust account audits every month.

so effectively they are in dees $#!t if they actually want to own up to their mistake.

the effective viewhas been that, i pay them a % as property managers to manage my property. their actions indicate that they were in fact not acting in accordance with appropriate processes (to have let this slip for 4 years),

we'll see if they call me again, and i'll just ask them as i have been instructed to do, and see how much further they take it.

Offline Cuso

  • Joined: Oct 2008

  • Location: Canberra
If they are managing your property well then just pay up, if they are stuffing you around go down what ever avenue you want.

a good PM is hard to find!

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
3 Replies
Last post Fri, 24 Dec, 2010 - 14:49
by TomE
2 Replies
Last post Wed, 13 Jul, 2011 - 12:39
by amgsl55
2 Replies
Last post Fri, 09 Nov, 2012 - 19:57
by RamSpeedAU

Started by dodger « 1 2 » Off Topic

16 Replies
Last post Fri, 16 May, 2014 - 00:34
by 98octane
Any lawyers here?

Started by dkabab « 1 2 » Off Topic

19 Replies
Last post Wed, 18 Jun, 2014 - 20:07
by dkabab

Latest Discussions

[ Off Topic ] Aussie Politics Fil-Ski Today at 21:40
[ British Cars ] JAGUAR XJ220 andecorp Today at 18:27
[ Electric Cars ] Tesla Model X 360c Today at 14:56
[ Trains, Planes and Automobiles - General chat. ] Qantas - thought leadership E7ITE Today at 13:25
[ McLaren ] McLaren BP23 bobbo Today at 13:23