Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
As many would know I'm in the midst of completing a thesis at uni. I'm looking at market orientation and knowledge management in franchises. I have a survey that I'm sending out to a large group of franchisees and thought I would see if there was anyone on here that owns a franchise and wouldn't mind completing the survey for me. Every little bit helps and you will also have the chance to win an iPod Touch.

So if you would like to complete the survey for me (should take about 15mins), just PM your email address and I will send out the email to you.

Also Ash if this is no good, feel free to can it with the other meat.

Cheers.
Cam

Offline CortinaD

As many would know I'm in the midst of completing a thesis at uni. I'm looking at market orientation and knowledge management in franchises. I have a survey that I'm sending out to a large group of franchisees and thought I would see if there was anyone on here that owns a franchise and wouldn't mind completing the survey for me. Every little bit helps and you will also have the chance to win an iPod Touch.

So if you would like to complete the survey for me (should take about 15mins), just PM your email address and I will send out the email to you.

Also Ash if this is no good, feel free to can it with the other meat.

Cheers.
Cam

I can be many a franchise owner for any business you need and will concoct a reply to help support your conclusion.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I know a few people (4 or 5 off top of my head) that have had franchises, for various things.

Without exception, they've all thought they were great initially (for ~6 months - ~ 2years), then without exception, have all realised they shouldn't have bothered and would have been better off starting their own thing doing whatever it was they did.

I'd be interested to hear from any happy franchisees with different experience, the idea fascinates me. Maybe my opinion of them is wrong.... :scratchchin:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I can be many a franchise owner for any business you need and will concoct a reply to help support your conclusion.

STATISTICS RULE!!!!

• Soap Dodger

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I know a few people (4 or 5 off top of my head) that have had franchises, for various things.

Without exception, they've all thought they were great initially (for ~6 months - ~ 2years), then without exception, have all realised they shouldn't have bothered and would have been better off starting their own thing doing whatever it was they did.

The thing I've heard over and over is that for most instances it's basically just buying yourself an 80hr/wk job.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Geez you guys make it sound so glamorous!

• Soap Dodger

I guess you should ask Jim.

Or Ronald.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

McDonalds has made a lot of franchisees multi-millionaires....

But, yeah, many franchises are like a well-paid job that you can't leave.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
One of my Dad's pals started Wendys back in the 70's (BSS - before soft serve).

He made a few squillions.

Wise old Pa also knows the guy in Adelaide who started the ink filling franchise - he made squillions too.

So my advice is:  Don't buy a franchise, invent your own.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better