Offline dkabab

Anyone used this site? a friend of mine recommended it to me recently and I've been looking into it.
for good rates, you can get an apartment/house anywhere in the world on a daily rate. from the look of it, you can get a pretty swanky apartment in some expensive cities for very low rates. high end apartments in paris/rome etc for $150 per night, vs 300-500euro for equivalent hotels.

it all seems good, but didn't know if anyone has used it or can recommend it?

www.airbnb.com

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I haven't used it but I'm told it's very popular and is gaining ground here.
BUT I never see it in search results  :scratchchin:

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

One of my nurses used it for thei holiday accommodation. They were happy with it.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Daughter and her partner used http://www.wimdu.com.au/ in Europe with success.

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
Used it for my time in New York last September. Full apartment in Greenwich Village for under $1,000 for 6 nights. Excellent value and space considering the hotel nearby I was wanting to initially stay at was going to be 3 times the price.

One big piece of advice is to ensure your host has quality feedback (read all recent reviews even up to the point of your arrival), check over cancellation policy and excessive addon charges for cleaning.

Key collection can be a pain if there is no doorman or reception collection point.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Used it for my time in New York last September. Full apartment in Greenwich Village for under $1,000 for 6 nights. Excellent value and space considering the hotel nearby I was wanting to initially stay at was going to be 3 times the price.

Thats incredible value.  :thumbsup:

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Checkout onefinestay for NYC and London.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
My family have used it a lot (my brother is currently in Melbourne and he booked a place for 4 nights on it). When my parents and brother and family went down the East coast of the US they used it in NJ, DC, Boston and Philly and had some great places and would recommend it to anyone. Saying that, a few words of warning, as mentioned above check the reviews closely as some read really dodgy, and if you are going to NYC it is technically illegal to use AirBnB in the city as it is illegal to sublet an apartment without some certain paperwork so you are not insured if there are any issues and theoretically if you are discovered in there, building supervisors can kick you out immediately (there are horror stories of this happening at 2am). Also a workmate mentioned she used it in Paris a little while back and it was the same price for a week as nearby hotels were charging a night.

Offline enntew

airbnb is amazing! I also used hostelworld, couchsurfing and sometimes sites like http://las-vegas.hotelscheap.org for a more luxurious stay when I already was traveling for some time!