Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Got Apple TV hooked up at home today - love it!

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

mhh, can you give a run down on it.  I'm looking at doing "something" in the next 4-5 weeks apple TV is going to be researched as well as fetch tv, T box etc

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

mhh, can you give a run down on it.  I'm looking at doing "something" in the next 4-5 weeks apple TV is going to be researched as well as fetch tv, T box etc

I was at the Bang & Olufsen shop the other day and the sales guy showed me how it worked.  They came out today and apart from some trickiness with the cabling due to my set up, it took about 15 minutes.  The box is about as big as a cigarette pack which connects to the TV and then connects wirelessly to my Mac where I have my iTunes library.  You turn it on with the TV remote and all your music, playlists, movies, TV shows already purchased in iTunes (and photos I guess) can play on the TV.  You can also buy movies from the iTunes store from the TV. You can play YouTube too.  Any HD TV will do AFAIK.

I didn't get long to play with it before I had to go but I'll look at it in more detail tomorrow.  I'm sure someone here knows much more about it than me.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I have about 7 Tv's to be installed and have a centralized hub where all the AV gear is going.  The audio distribution I have nutted out but the video distribution and control systems is what I'm still trying to sort out.  At this stage I'm looking at a control system called control 4 and a video matrix to distribute all video to TV's.  Do you ( or anyone) know if you can have multiple Apple TV's at each Tv point accessing the same video files on the Mac?

Any issues with wireless transmission?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I have about 7 Tv's to be installed and have a centralized hub where all the AV gear is going.  The audio distribution I have nutted out but the video distribution and control systems is what I'm still trying to sort out.  At this stage I'm looking at a control system called control 4 and a video matrix to distribute all video to TV's.  Do you ( or anyone) know if you can have multiple Apple TV's at each Tv point accessing the same video files on the Mac?

Any issues with wireless transmission?

Sorry, I'm not able to answer.  The Apple website might answer some questions.  There's a lot there on Apple TV,

Offline dkabab

customer of mine at work does home automation with central hubs of media and multiple access points (tvs)

no idea if hes any good or not but he was talking 10% systems.... (ie, house worth 1mil, H/A $100k)
from memory his business is called gaia or something like that.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
I have 2 apple TVs at home accessing videoson my MacBook pro and don't seem to have any probs with multiple albeit 2 simultaneous access.
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I have had apple tv for over a year now. I never used it as my digital desk top box has all my music on an external hard drive and it also streemed you tube.
I like going to the DVD shop so never used the movie function.
I have now cut of my home Internet and phone. Saving bucket loads.

I was given it as a gift. It is now not useable for me.
With marks set up very cool gadget. And good looking with the little box.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
I have both the ATV1 and ATV2 hacked with XBMC streaming HD shows from a 2TB NAS. Never watch free to air tv now. Without XBMC or Boxee the ATV is somewhat limited to expensive content that Apple has licenses to.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I have both the ATV1 and ATV2 hacked with XBMC streaming HD shows from a 2TB NAS. Never watch free to air tv now. Without XBMC or Boxee the ATV is somewhat limited to expensive content that Apple has licenses to.

Once I get on top of the basics, I'll ask you what to do next. :)  :thumbsup: