Offline CortinaD

Anyone used and can recommend a competent arborist who operates in the eastern suburbs of Adelaide?

Have tried a couple in the yellow pages but no one is answering and the council wont recommend anyone.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Anyone used and can recommend a competent arborist who operates in the eastern suburbs of Adelaide?

Have tried a couple in the yellow pages but no one is answering and the council wont recommend anyone.

I have one, I'll hunt out his details when i get a minute

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
will pm u Dwayne!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline CortinaD

Offline CortinaD

Not so good news, waiting on the report.

A large tree branch about 4 meters long 600mm in diameter ko'd my pergola, clothes and broke the about 1m of my bluestone retaining wall couple of weeks ago.

Abortist today tells me the tree is 120+ years give or take 20years, and is an original non man planted protected native and survived a significant fire injury sometime in its life that weakened it and caused it to get cubical rot. It is 3.5m diameter and significant and he said the history of multiple branch failures over the last 20 years and multiple injuries it has would be grounds for removal but if it was his tree, he would give it a prune to reduce the wind load and reduce the risk of further failures as a first point.

Quite disappointed its not as healthy as I thought it was. Not sure what to do yet, I want to keep the tree as it is a feature of my place and home to a possum, kookaburras, magpies, rosellas and two koalas in mating season but at the same time it has had a disease for well over 30 years that has made its way up to the top of the tree. Arg.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

A large tree branch about 4 meters long 600mm in diameter ko'd my pergola, clothes and broke the about 1m of my bluestone retaining wall couple of weeks ago.

Abortist today tells me the tree is 120+ years give or take 20years, and is an original non man planted protected native and survived a significant fire injury sometime in its life that weakened it and caused it to get cubical rot. It is 3.5m diameter and significant and he said the history of multiple branch failures over the last 20 years and multiple injuries it has would be grounds for removal but if it was his tree, he would give it a prune to reduce the wind load and reduce the risk of further failures as a first point.

Quite disappointed its not as healthy as I thought it was. Not sure what to do yet, I want to keep the tree as it is a feature of my place and home to a possum, kookaburras, magpies, rosellas and two koalas in mating season but at the same time it has had a disease for well over 30 years that has made its way up to the top of the tree. Arg.

safety to house and person comes first

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I have one over the road from me.

It has dropped about 3 branches this year.
It now only has about 4 left.
Only hit my car once...... no damage :thumbsup:

Offline CortinaD

safety to house and person comes first

He said a total collapse would take out the mine and the neighbours sheds and future branch failures would likely take out only my shed but unlikely to have failure hit my other outdoor habitation areas unless there was significant winds.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

As nice as a tree canopy is to look at I'm not a tree person - better off in someone else's yard than mine.

Significant trees can be very unpredictable even an arborist can't predict the unexpected.

Offline dkabab

Only one way to find out its age... Cut it in half