Offline cel

I just had something seriously stupid happen to me and I'm sure others will have similar stories somehow, so here's a topic for that...

My issue: Last Wednesday I had minor surgery done on my toe for an ingrown toenail. This is something that has been happening to me since I was twelve.

One foot has been fully fixed since and last Wednesday should have been the permanent fix to my other foot as they took the right half of my nail off, opened it up even further below that and put chemicals in there to stop the growth of the nail. Then they stitched it up and next Sunday the stitches will be removed.

Today it was finally time to remove and replace the bandages so as I took them off, I noticed that all of the above happened to the wrong side of my toe  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

So I just paid for surgery that fixed something that was fine and when it's healed I'll have to get it done again on the correct side  :snivel: as well as 4 days off of work as I have not been able to walk properly, I just can't believe it 

:banghead: :agro:

Offline CortinaD

I just had something seriously stupid happen to me and I'm sure others will have similar stories somehow, so here's a topic for that...

My issue: Last Wednesday I had minor surgery done on my toe for an ingrown toenail. This is something that has been happening to me since I was twelve.

One foot has been fully fixed since and last Wednesday should have been the permanent fix to my other foot as they took the right half of my nail off, opened it up even further below that and put chemicals in there to stop the growth of the nail. Then they stitched it up and next Sunday the stitches will be removed.

Today it was finally time to remove and replace the bandages so as I took them off, I noticed that all of the above happened to the wrong side of my toe  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

So I just paid for surgery that fixed something that was fine and when it's healed I'll have to get it done again on the correct side  :snivel: as well as 4 days off of work as I have not been able to walk properly, I just can't believe it 

:banghead: :agro:

Thats ridiculous (funny for an outsider but) :( You contacted the quack to see what the deal is?

I can see now why they write on body parts to say not this side etc.

Offline fivesix

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Lucky it wasn't a circumcision.
C'mon, do it!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Lucky it wasn't an amputation.

They ask you multiple times "what are you here for " as they go through the pre op procedures, unless you said the wrong toe I can't imagine what could have happened, why didn't the surgeon notice the toe was ok ?
He'll have an excuse but in the meantime do you have a good lawyer ?

Added - I see now the right toe wrong side, still no excuse for that negligence.

Nothing they can't be sued for though.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

that's fucked, sorry to hear.

but would be a classic seinfeld episode.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
shit mate that sucks
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline 98octane

Sorry to hear.  

They should at least redo the surgery for free. I'd also ask for compensation for lost time etc. They should have PI insurance for this sort of thing.

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
sucks ..... did you speak to them?
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/

Offline cel

Thanks guys, I know I'll be laughing about it myself once all over and done with :)

He just called me back and told me it might still be good as removing one side relieves pressure on it and could still fix it. If that's the case. Hopefully that'll be the case.

I should know more on Sunday when the stitches are going out

Latest Discussions