Offline adam01

you really should be careful what you wish for................

how did u get dodgers picture?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline Paulstar

:scared:

Toe surgery sucks I have a good holiday memory of three Thai nurses poking and prodding at my ripped open toe 'cleaning' for about 40mins before the doctor came and gave a local anesthetic and yanked the mangled nail out, I hope for your sake the 'fix' works anyway, this is gross negligence right? $$  :mischief:

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
you really should be careful what you wish for................

* Sigh *

I just don't have the energy for a rant today........ :faint:

and he is awake now
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline adam01

:scared:

Toe surgery sucks I have a good holiday memory of three Thai nurses poking and prodding at my ripped open toe 'cleaning' for about 40mins before the doctor came and gave a local anesthetic and yanked the mangled nail out, I hope for your sake the 'fix' works anyway, this is gross negligence right? $$  :mischief: as i'm going back for more

Offline app

I've been coding over quarter of a century (well, only paid for half that) and you see how often this place goes tits up. :doh: :D

OK well imagine you have a team of programmers looking over your shoulder watching you program. How often do you think it would go tits up?

You think in a room full of doctors, they'd be able to count?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

OK well imagine you have a team of programmers looking over your shoulder watching you program. How often do you think it would go tits up?

Not often, but today pretty much that happened...  :?

I'm usually the one rescuing things and fixing shit nobody else has a clue about, however I had both my bosses come see me several times today for various stuff and going back and forth with the other guys in Systems Delivery and on the phone a bunch of times about 5 different things that had to be done NOW (I'm usually almost completely autonomous and with distant deadlines)...

Somewhere right toward the end of the day I somehow managed to fuck up the entire intranet with I guess a fat-fingered move. :doh:  Stayed back a couple hours after everyone else left to fix it.

Online allanuber

• Name: Al
Not often, but today pretty much that happened...  :?

I'm usually the one rescuing things and fixing shit nobody else has a clue about, however I had both my bosses come see me several times today for various stuff and going back and forth with the other guys in Systems Delivery and on the phone a bunch of times about 5 different things that had to be done NOW (I'm usually almost completely autonomous and with distant deadlines)...

Somewhere right toward the end of the day I somehow managed to fuck up the entire intranet with I guess a fat-fingered move. :doh:  Stayed back a couple hours after everyone else left to fix it.

Ahhhh. It's like you're growing up right in front of us. [Cue Wonder Years music]   :D
C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Ahhhh. It's like you're growing up right in front of us. [Cue Wonder Years music]   :D

It's OK to fantasize about 11yo Winnie Cooper cos she was age appropriate at the time yeah?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

It astounds me that even 6 years of medicine plus a few years of getting ready to be doctors, doctors still stuff up :doh:

I've heard plenty of stories from those in medicine of doctors stitching up patients and leaving instruments inside despite having strict rules/regulations in place to count clearly the number of instruments used before and after. Apparently actually far more common than we would like to think :eek:

even after 6 years the docs still are humans who by their nature are still imperfect.  Have you never made a mistake in your occupation?

have you ever thought stories are just that -  stories?  There is always a count ( verified by a second person) before surgery starts and a count before surgery finishes and will not finish until everything is accounted for.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Driving ] Group drive memories allanuber Today at 08:18
[ BMW M Power ] BMW 8 Series Concept mhh Today at 07:51
[ Number Plates ] NSW Number Plates 360c Yesterday at 23:37
[ Cars ] Maserati Gransport Keys dodger Yesterday at 20:48
[ Cars ] Help Me to Find Best Wedding Reception Venues Sydney? PA Yesterday at 20:21
[ Gadgets and Technology ] Forget about Lily, this is cooler charliekay Yesterday at 19:01
[ Racing ] Australian GT series tdc911 Yesterday at 13:01
[ British Cars ] RR Cullinan 360c Yesterday at 11:12
[ Off Topic ] Teevee and moovees 360c Yesterday at 01:02
[ Racing ] ADAC Nurburgring 24 Hours tdc911 Sat, 27 May, 2017 - 22:05