Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

OK well imagine you have a team of programmers looking over your shoulder watching you program. How often do you think it would go tits up?

You think in a room full of doctors, they'd be able to count?

it's the nurses that do the counting

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

it's the nurses that do the counting

Ok so you're a doctor so explain how a surgeon can operate on the wrong side of a patients toe.

It must be evident which side needs the work even if he doesn't recall the consultation before theatre.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Ok so you're a doctor so explain how a surgeon can operate on the wrong side of a patients toe.

It must be evident which side needs the work even if he doesn't recall the consultation before theatre.

cant explain something I have no knowledge about except when I do any work with a patient under any form of sedation I always check notes and check site and confirm with the patient before they are knocked out.

Nurses usually always do the same....' do you know what you are here for and what is your name"

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

cant explain something I have no knowledge about except when I do any work with a patient under any form of sedation I always check notes and check site and confirm with the patient before they are knocked out.

Nurses usually always do the same....' do you know what you are here for and what is your name"

Exactly so one wonders how this could happen, it can't be just a "mistake" the surgeon must have been distracted to the point where he was a danger to his patient, thats all I can surmise from it.

Offline cel

My story is that I went to the doctor on Sunday, showed the toe and he had a look at it and agreed that it needed surgery.

One side of the toe looked fine and the other... well, not so much

So when I went there on Wednesday we didn't confirm anything, he just locally sedated it and to prevent myself from fainting I did not look at the procedure.

Lesson learned for next time though, to always confirm right before the procedure starts...

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Lesson learned for next time though

And to toughen up and watch the entire procedure.   :mischief:

In fact, demand a HD video of the entire event to share with your friends (and lawyers) afterwards.

Offline eddievanhalen

• Drives: 2010 jaguar xkr
My story is that I went to the doctor on Sunday, showed the toe and he had a look at it and agreed that it needed surgery.

One side of the toe looked fine and the other... well, not so much

That makes it even more amazing - one side of the toe is clearly the bad side and the bloke misses that? Presumably the "mistake" was staring him in the face the whole time during the procedure.   Everyone makes mistakes at times and I know from experience the pressure of working long hours knowing that one error could cost a life , but that seems particularly "out there"

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Glad I was awake before my knee recon years ago.... a nurse shaved the knee he was operating on and he walks up and starts drawing cut lines on my good knee.   .... was a great surgeon tho, my knee has been great and he had a great sense of humour.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

That makes it even more amazing - one side of the toe is clearly the bad side and the bloke misses that? Presumably the "mistake" was staring him in the face the whole time during the procedure.   Everyone makes mistakes at times and I know from experience the pressure of working long hours knowing that one error could cost a life , but that seems particularly "out there"

there really are a lot of arm chair critics here

how does anyone here (except for the owner) know if the bad side actually looked bad at the time of surgery.

Sure, it does seem odd as the story was portrayed but without anyone actually seeing the surgical site no one is really qualified to comment, and as for calls to find a lawyer...hello USA!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

there really are a lot of arm chair critics here

how does anyone here (except for the owner) know if the bad side actually looked bad at the time of surgery.

Sure, it does seem odd as the story was portrayed but without anyone actually seeing the surgical site no one is really qualified to comment, and as for calls to find a lawyer...hello USA!!!!

Your insurance premiums are through the roof, for good reason.

This was done under a local at a clinic or the doctors rooms I presume I thoght it was under a general in a hospital, I guess the procedure is somewhat less formal when a procedure is done under those conditions, it's not exactly a heart transplant.

He has every right to sue though if he has a mind to.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Cars ] Spotted thread Horse Today at 12:53
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate Horse Today at 09:59
[ Porsche ] 991.2 GT3 Confirmed NBTBRV8 Today at 09:38
[ Events ] CARS AND COFFEE SYDNEY scud Today at 07:38
[ Porsche ] The Porsche Chat random BS thread 360c Yesterday at 22:39
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! mondi Yesterday at 21:02
[ Number Plates ] SA plate auction may 1-8 JPG Yesterday at 15:32