Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Something just occurred to me.

Some of my friggin' "mates" want ot drive my car and non of them like to be gentle, but if you have an accident and you're speeding are you still insured ?

My guess is , NO.

But some advice from someone who might know would be nice.

And if the answer is no we all better be super careful, it's not hard to exceed to speed limit in the cars some of us drive.

I would ask the Insurance company but the answer might be useful to to thers in here, hence my posting it.

I know if you're over .05 (In Victoria) and you have an accident you're not covered so if you're .06 and you hit a Lambo it all comes out of your pocket, could cost you your house, so be warned.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
If the insurance company can find any way of not paying then they will.    Speeding is an easy one.

NO.

Also remember, on some policies you have to provide named drivers.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Thats a real trap, so easy to be temporarily over the limit, passing etc plus it's almost impossible to keep to the limit in some cases.

It's more than a little scary to realise that if you're over the speed limit you're uninsured.

Think I'll buy a Poo Pirate (wont let me put the real word in HA). :scared:

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
Something just occurred to me.

Some of my friggin' "mates" want ot drive my car and non of them like to be gentle, but if you have an accident and you're speeding are you still insured ?

My guess is , NO.

But some advice from someone who might know would be nice.

And if the answer is no we all better be super careful, it's not hard to exceed to speed limit in the cars some of us drive.

I would ask the Insurance company but the answer might be useful to to thers in here, hence my posting it.

I know if you're over .05 (In Victoria) and you have an accident you're not covered so if you're .06 and you hit a Lambo it all comes out of your pocket, could cost you your house, so be warned.

As a rule...NO ONE drives my cars  unless they are a repairer  who has their own business insurance.

Consider
Age limits on policies
Nominated Drivers
Speeding

But more importantly in my case (where clutches are expensive  and ground clearance is shocking) imagine the damage they can cause and what that is going to cost you.

Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Age limits are ok, no one under 25 and basically anyone else can drive it occasionally as long as they are licensed and are not uninsurable themselves for any reason.

It's a little difficult saying "no" sometimes especially to one particular friend who used to be a courier driver (draw your own conclusions) he can drive very well but I'll have to back away a little but how ?

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
"Friends" should not put you in that position of needing to say "NO" in the 1st place!!!! Just think of the awkward situation it would put you guys if someone pulled out in front while they were having a test drive at say 120kmph (just into 3rd gear)...........not just the car would be a wreck but friendship & maybe lives. Not worth it at all.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

You're right, I'm a bit soft, I'll just have to be a bit less giving and not offer any more even though I know he's waiting for me to offer.

Mate of mine with a Porsche Turbo has the perfect solution, his Insurance Co has only he and his wife as drivers and if anyone else is to drive it he has to call the Insurance Company first to get clearance.

Slam dunk.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I've often let friends have a short drive - while I'm in the car of course. But I noticed with the last Shannons renewal that the Lambo is only covered with me driving.  :eek:  Same with my S65 AMG, although they relented and will allow my wife to drive this one. The 911 is open slather it seems.  :doh:

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
I've often let friends have a short drive - while I'm in the car of course. But I noticed with the last Shannons renewal that the Lambo is only covered with me driving.  :eek:  Same with my S65 AMG, although they relented and will allow my wife to drive this one. The 911 is open slather it seems.  :doh:

Have you offered or have they asked? I bet you offered ;) I have never had anyone ask to drive any of my cars........ever!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Have you offered or have they asked? I bet you offered ;) I have never had anyone ask to drive any of my cars........ever!

I offered except when Scud offered to swap cars for 100km or so. :)