Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
I offered except when Scud offered to swap cars for 100km or so. :)

Shit......how do you delete a post?  :D

Offline M308

• Degranged

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Have you offered or have they asked? I bet you offered ;) I have never had anyone ask to drive any of my cars........ever!

You actually feel obliged to offer, but I think that might change.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline dkabab

so excluding exotics and other mega dollar cars. if someone else drives your car under your instruction to, are they covered as long as what.... over 25 and have their own insurance? or one of the above....?

Offline M308

• Degranged

so excluding exotics and other mega dollar cars. if someone else drives your car under your instruction to, are they covered as long as what.... over 25 and have their own insurance? or one of the above....?

In my experience with insurance co's & my company cars........as long as they are over 25, it's all good.

Offline CortinaD

my insurance will cover anyone driving, regardless of age for all my cars bar the bimmer which is >25 only. Provided they have a license and can legally drive it, they do no need to have insurance etc, mine covers it with a non-nominated driver excess of $250 and an <25 age excess of the same amount in the event of something going wrong. I am with AON who were at the time I last renewed underwritten by CGU.

Offline SPEEDCORE

• Forum Virus
  • Product Not Yet Rated

I know of people that were speeding and booked and were still paid out. It depends on the conditions but yeah always read the fine print.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
It depends on the insurance company and the exact details of the accident as to whether they will pay out or not. Generally a little bit over the limit is acceptable ( as was mentioned earlier if you are over taking ect)
exesive speed you can kiss your cover good bye! And then there are issues with getting new cover as many companies won't touch you if you have had a claim refused or declined
I know back at lamborghini insurance we were pretty stricken about speeds exceeding 10kph over the limit. But that was more to do with underwriting guidelines.

Then you have the ctp which speed is always taken into account. If the police press any hoon charges (which they seem to these days for exesive speed as it has bigger consequences to the driver) then you may find your ctp provider seeking the costs involved in any injury arising from the crash
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice