Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
What's good?  What's crap?

I haven't seen anything lately, been looking forward to Die Hard 4 and whatever the latest Bourne one is.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Oh wait... I saw Superbad a couple weeks ago :doh:  A little bit angsty in some parts, but absolutely hilarious in most of the others, definitely a good laugh in that one. :thumbsup:

Offline waz356

I saw the Simpsone movie and I give it  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
the latest Bourne one last night. was pretty good.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Die Hard 4 is like having a Doom fragfest with a group of your friends - ie. you'll have a good time, but it's soon forgotten.  Whereas Bourne's abilities is something we'd all like to have.  The Bourne movies are uber cool and refreshing.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Surf's Up - saw it the first time a month ago on the plane, had a good laugh by myself. Took the kids to see it a couple of weeks ago and they loved it and I still had a good laugh. Worth watching.

Bourne Ultimatum - they did well considering it's the 3rd movie. Good action, good plot (can't remember if the plot is similar to the book..it was too long ago). Matt Damon's acting is getting dated though. However, worth going to the cinema to watch.

Rush Hour 3 - pfft....forget it. The one liners are recycled and it's about the only thing that kept the movie above water...for about 10mins. After that it is a disaster. There were some moments that gave me a good chuckle but the rest was torturing. The chemistry between the two actors has gone. When I got home RH2 was on TV and I enjoyed it more. Give it a miss, don't bother with DVD rental, just download it :P

The Kingdom - did my review in the other Fun Car for 70k thread...bottom line, go watch it if you want a good action flick with descent acting and reasonable plot. Recommended.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Surf's Up

Never heard of it, might check it out.

Bourne Ultimatum - they did well considering it's the 3rd movie. Good action, good plot (can't remember if the plot is similar to the book..it was too long ago). Matt Damon's acting is getting dated though. However, worth going to the cinema to watch.

Nothing intelligent AND action oriented has come out for quite a while, so I'm still looking forward to this.

Rush Hour 3 - pfft....forget it.

I wouldn't even bother.  I grew up watching Jackie Chan flicks - I'm yet to find anyone who watched the classic and phenomenally amazing Jackie Chan stuff and can even stand any of the hollywood stuff he's done since (rush hour/shanghai knights etc).

Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

I got Bourne Ultimatum on DVD before it came out here in Europe... Was a dodgy bootleg but still worth the watch. Thought it was a great movie except that the camera man (both official and chinese guy...) need to hold the camera still FFS...
Cheers>>Jack

If you're not wasted, the day is.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Anyone seen Stardust? Having Michelle Pfeifer and Robert DeNiro as supporting actors, surely it's going to be half decent?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Movie was alright, after the halfway point it degenerates into massive over... ness! Like any movie nowadays though which just escalates through the stupid barrier and onward - there's no subtelty left as everyone wants to hit you with a sledgehammer to knock your socks off rather than tell a good story.

Seemed like Stephen King at his ultimate mediocre.

5/10.