Offline NBTBRV8

Has anyone on here done their MBA?
Been away and started thinking that this is something that interests me.

I got mine in about 2008.  Well worth doing, but experience is 85% of what gets you the next job without you know somebody.

Offline NBTBRV8

Tinkler is now Bankrupt. Clive next?

And yet according to the AFR today, Tinker is the guest note speaker as some mining conference in Singapore shortly.

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

How did you find it mate?
I enquires again this year to do it and was accepted at UOW but turned it down for the time being.

Joel, I am 54 years old and did it purely to see if I retained the information I learnt when I did my degree. I dont need it for a job or to get a new job, (tip my hat at Al who is a MBA sceptic  :D), but if you dont have a lot of miles up, I think it would be difficult and less informative. The concept of a masters level business degree is to understand and pinpoint what you have learnt over years of experience and have a heap of those 'oh yeah!' moments as you begin to understand all the bad habits you have developed since you were an eager degree holder. It works like a dry cleaner for your mind.......you have the same knowledge but it it looks and feels cleaner and new again............not always a bad thing as you get older.

My across the board advice is do it in your 40's and then use it for work and also for the cattle prod effect of shaking off those bad habits that creep in over time! If you have the stamina and desire to do it..........go for it, I loved mine! I graduate in November this year and Im really looking forward to it...........my 4 degree qualified kids are all going to be there to see dad look as silly as they did in their robes and mortar boards! :thumbsup:
Always Gunna