Offline DavidEvo

Morning gents,

I used to post on Aussie-Elises, but stopped after their troubles in the new year (more than anything, was just very confused). Did want to swing by and pick their brains, but they seem to have totally vanished

Anyway, I think it was Ash who used to post links to this, place, so pardon my intrustion, but, I was wondering if I might be able to ask a quick question of you all…

Here’s the thing, I’m at university in the UK, I’m British but got to know some of you guys down under though the Lotus community over this side of the world. Anyway, here’s the thing…

I’m writing an economics paper at the moment, and I was just wondering if any of you guys recall any government legislation that is specifically pro-mining companies, or perhaps an story about mining companies putting pressure on Aussie govt. ???

I’m sure I remember reading something about this last year, but, can’t seem to find anything now.

Any help or ideas would be massively appreciated.

David

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Google for Chinese investment in Australian mines. That'll give you a help of politically related information on both international and local Govt pressures to get new mines up and running.
C'mon, do it!

Offline fivesix

this is pretty big here right now.
Business Review Weekly has run a fair few stories as of late, which may be a good point of call for you.

Otherwise, Australian Financial Review. Goodle away though, and good luck! :P

Are you looking at it from an ecologial perspective, taxation, ownership?  :confused:

Offline DavidEvo

Cheers for the pointers guys :)

I’m just making a point about abilities of companies to influence governmental decisions - the essay’s on nation-state’s control of economic fortunes, three and a bit thousand words down, off for some kip now.

Thank you though – nice little corner of the net this :)

David

Offline fivesix

Cheers for the pointers guys :)

I’m just making a point about abilities of companies to influence governmental decisions - the essay’s on nation-state’s control of economic fortunes, three and a bit thousand words down, off for some kip now.

Thank you though – nice little corner of the net this :)

David

Ive done a bit of work on the break down of states ability to control capital flight etc., and also the repatriation of profits etc. interesting stuff. PM me if you need some more info.

Offline DavidEvo

Thank you Ryan, will do :)  May I ask, what do you do for work? sounds fun... :)

David

Offline fivesix