Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
I told you it was your turn to organise it pretty boy
He's a modal citizen in so many ways :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Lotto was invented by the devil to torture us and give false hope

I don't bother buying tickets anymore, I am of the mind set now that nothing is free and if you want to rise above its all about hard work and determination. I think if I ever did win a large amount I would give away what I didn't really need. It is after all the hard earned money from all those poor souls hoping for something better. I have seen what winning a large amount of money has done to people and it's not pretty.

It would have been bad karma to keep the winners I think so giving it away was by far the best thing to do. 

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

I'm terrified of the huggy feely way this thread is going!   :D
C'mon, do it!

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

The resident commi is taking a well deserved break, all this injustice and inequality must've taken a toll on him.  :D

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

The "rich" overlords have got bored with this thread and have moved on to capitalize off the proletariat's back.

Is that any better Al?

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

this is why social media is the pits, i'm not on it (apart from you knuckle heads on here :p) and I ask my children all the time if there's anything going wrong with who they connect with. my wife has access to their accounts to keep a mature eye out.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/radio/sam-frost-breaks-her-silence-i-dont-want-to-be-here-anymore/news-story/fb85db89cb770a3c44bcee9c18579138

if I was her partner, I'd delete her accounts and keep her off the net.

I remember back in 2008/2009 when the market was tanking and I was looking at the ASX and talking to my broker and it was all turning to shit, I sat on my veranda and just looked at the city for a while, no computer, no phone.

and everything was calm and then I realised it's easy to just turn stuff off and not get dragged down the rabbit hole.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
this is why social media is the pits, i'm not on it (apart from you knuckle heads on here :p) and I ask my children all the time if there's anything going wrong with who they connect with. my wife has access to their accounts to keep a mature eye out.
How are you supposed to keep track of what your ‘friend’ had for breakfast or the 200th picture of the kids?  :?

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
yep the place is turning to ****

Goes back to the old saying
If you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all.

Unless it is a shot at Scud for missing out as PM in the election  :p

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
this is why social media is the pits, i'm not on it (apart from you knuckle heads on here :p)

Same. I found it such a time thief when I did have it. And nobody ever really posts the bad stuff, so you're often left with an impression that others have it better than you, or don't face some struggles that you may have, leaving you wondering if you've somehow failed in the management of your life and affairs.

Much better to just cut the cord with all this superfluous "look at me" aspect of our culture and just enjoy the real world.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/radio/sam-frost-breaks-her-silence-i-dont-want-to-be-here-anymore/news-story/fb85db89cb770a3c44bcee9c18579138

if I was her partner, I'd delete her accounts and keep her off the net.

I remember back in 2008/2009 when the market was tanking and I was looking at the ASX and talking to my broker and it was all turning to shit, I sat on my veranda and just looked at the city for a while, no computer, no phone.

and everything was calm and then I realised it's easy to just turn stuff off and not get dragged down the rabbit hole.

It's a whole new world that's for sure and I'm not a big fan but you cant stop the march of technology.

I like cruises, no cars, no TV, no radio, no newspapers.

After a few days you realise you didn't need all that sh#t anyway.

(cars excepted :o)