Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

They DON'T have daily delivery unless you express post it for big bucks.

All metro has daily deliveries.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
They have less delivery staff doing bigger areas so the volume per postman has actually increased according to a mate that has been a postie for 30 years. There is no need to not deliver every day. They've started using electric pushbikes as well. That could make for a huge saving over motorbikes.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

with all the bright ideas, sounds like there's a $5m job for someone on here.

sometimes shit isn't as easy to fix as it looks, and hindsight is a great thing to have.

Yes I could fix it in a flash, sometimes it's best to look at things from outside the politics and BS that goes with a job like that.
If he could transform the business he would have stayed on and taken a pay reduction but he's cut and run so I guess it's all just too hard.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Has Australia Post taken the lead in digital to stay ahead of the pack ?
No.
They should have joined with Telstra to create a mail service that was unique and essential for business and home users in readiness for the decline of surface mail.
In the meantime daily deliveries are ridiculous.

ok stay ahead of what pack - a business in free-fall - who are they competing with in mail? Deliveries - well they have spent huge amounts on deliveries, centers, systems etc and IMO they do this very well and make money.

"Joining with Telstra" - F@CK - I spent 3 years on that project - it was called digital mailbox and the idea was for the likes of Telstra, and the banks to use Post secured mailbox for all correspondence instead of paper i.e. like a trusted 3rd party - Guess what - all the others thought "screw that" we are not giving Post that business as then they "own" the last line of communications with customer (and they can "see" the data). The result a non co-coordinated stuff up with all digital documents coming form individual  companies.

Its not that simple to throw these idea's out there and expect then to stick IMO

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
All metro has daily deliveries.

I don't believe that is correct; but I've been wrong before :p

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I don't believe that is correct; but I've been wrong before :p

Just checked with the post office and yes......you're wrong again........... :p

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
Has Australia Post taken the lead in digital to stay ahead of the pack ?
No.
They should have joined with Telstra to create a mail service that was unique and essential for business and home users in readiness for the decline of surface mail.
In the meantime daily deliveries are ridiculous.
Exactly. They are a one trick pony.
They could have dominated parcel delivery. Instead every other company is cutting its lunch.
Same story on third party logistics.
Digital. They tried an failed.
The current business model is stuffed and any profits they make is bullshit accounting trickery.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Just checked with the post office and yes......you're wrong again........... :p

thats makes the second time in his life :D

Oh wait - he was wrong about Tesla shares too :(

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

ok stay ahead of what pack - a business in free-fall - who are they competing with in mail? Deliveries - well they have spent huge amounts on deliveries, centers, systems etc and IMO they do this very well and make money.

"Joining with Telstra" - F@CK - I spent 3 years on that project - it was called digital mailbox and the idea was for the likes of Telstra, and the banks to use Post secured mailbox for all correspondence instead of paper i.e. like a trusted 3rd party - Guess what - all the others thought "screw that" we are not giving Post that business as then they "own" the last line of communications with customer (and they can "see" the data). The result a non co-coordinated stuff up with all digital documents coming form individual  companies.

Its not that simple to throw these idea's out there and expect then to stick IMO

Well for something as important as this and I mean communication on this level is of national importance they should have had it put into law that this be done..........too much politics........yes easy to say but for $5m a year he should have done all he could to get whats right done.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Digital. They tried an failed.

Failing shouldn't have been an option.....fuck I'm good when it's not my job  :D