Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Im just interested in what people thinks happens when nobody (well 40% anyway) dont have work because all the robots can do it?  just to remind the neo cons, consumerism (middle class spending mainly) is 10 times more value in the ecconomy than the next biggest sector which is mining.

Just to make that clear; if you diminsh 10% of wages in this country you wipe out all mining revinue (at its peak) to the budget in one go !  So all this golden decade of mining growth hoo har, over the lengenday John
Howard era of Liberal great budgeting (how did their policies get the price of iron ore up again, I've forgotten ?) would be wiped out.

Thats why folks wage freezes for 30 years is a fundamental reason the budget is in such a poor state.

David, what about people retraining to service or even manufacture robots?

Also, weren't the peak ore prices under the Rudd/Gillard government?  what did they do with that money?  I know they definitely wiped out the budget.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

ASIC - after listening to 4 minutes of bullshit they tell me it's a 15 minute wait to speak to someone.

Scam email going around.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Scam email going around.

always check who the sender is before you get sucked in

i had one from fedex last week -  just before I got my singer parcel, but the email originated from exxonmobile

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Also, weren't the peak ore prices under the Rudd/Gillard government?  what did they do with that money?  I know they definitely wiped out the budget.

Gave most of it to Gina and Co... Didn't Rudd get dumped for daring to tax the mining companies. At the time I rated his IQ in the low 30's.. He should never have tried to tax them, he should have profit shared. Them doing the work, Australia providing the minerals, both sides profit sharing. He stupidly wanted to call it a tax and died on his sword.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

always check who the sender is before you get sucked in

i had one from fedex last week -  just before I got my singer parcel, but the email originated from exxonmobile

These look very genuine, I only picked it up when the link to the renewal statement led to an executable file............apart from that it's almost indistinguishable from the real thing, even the senders address seemed genuine.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Gave most of it to Gina and Co... Didn't Rudd get dumped for daring to tax the mining companies. At the time I rated his IQ in the low 30's.. He should never have tried to tax them, he should have profit shared. Them doing the work, Australia providing the minerals, both sides profit sharing. He stupidly wanted to call it a tax and died on his sword.

Why are you being so kind to rudd. His IQ is more like 10 and he lives in the shadow of his successful wife. At the time I said something very similar to you i.e give BHP and RIO 3 years of $0 tax and make sure that they purchase every mine they can get their hands on (globally) before the Chinese get hold of them. In return they must fund a University in WA devoted to the mining industry to add value to raw materials.

Having no #@$%^&*( brain rudd did nothing and guess what - the Chinese now own most of the minerals in Africa (Zimbabwe and South Africa for sure) and they don't rely on Australia anymore.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Why are you being so kind to rudd. His IQ is more like 10 and he lives in the shadow of his successful wife. At the time I said something very similar to you i.e give BHP and RIO 3 years of $0 tax and make sure that they purchase every mine they can get their hands on (globally) before the Chinese get hold of them. In return they must fund a University in WA devoted to the mining industry to add value to raw materials.

Having no #@$%^&*( brain rudd did nothing and guess what - the Chinese now own most of the minerals in Africa (Zimbabwe and South Africa for sure) and they don't rely on Australia anymore.

they still need australian iron ore for the quality, african ore is low quality, but they blend it hence the lower demand.

India is doing similar for apple, 15 year tax holiday in return for local employment and  30% use of local manufacturers

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

they still need australian iron ore for the quality, african ore is low quality, but they blend it hence the lower demand.

India is doing similar for apple, 15 year tax holiday in return for local employment and  30% use of local manufacturers

+1 and India will benefit massively due to upskilling

Forward thinkers not like the labour morons here. Yes and I say labour morons (I have direct experience of them a few years back) as they have nothing better to do but scuttle any idea's under the "bad rich people, bad companies" diatribe

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

+1 and India will benefit massively due to upskilling

Forward thinkers not like the labour morons here. Yes and I say labour morons (I have direct experience of them a few years back) as they have nothing better to do but scuttle any idea's under the "bad rich people, bad companies" diatribe

CSL is a greedy rich Australian company who decided to send their advanced manufacturing offshore as they could get a tax break there in return for employing locals, australia was not prepared to do a tax deal with CSL

Our Loss!

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

CSL is a greedy rich Australian company
damn those companies, how dare they try and lift profits at the expense of Australian workers and tax payers!

they should pay more tax than the going legal rate cause they are so profitable.

higher taxation will encourage more companies to hang around in Australia........oh wait.